Work is proceeding very rapidly on Newcom Student Union. Just three months remain before the point of substantial completion. Here are some highlights of current progress:
- The structural steel is complete.
- The installation of the roof sections over the additions to the building are nearly complete.
- The large air handlers that will provide fresh air to the building have been installed on the roof.
- The concrete floors have been poured inside the building.
- Temporary heat has been installed to allow the finish work inside the building to continue.
- Wall framing inside the building is substantially complete, and the installation of door frames is beginning.
- Repair to the existing exterior masonry is underway, and the installation of the new masonry will begin soon.
- Connecting the building water supply and sanitary sewer system will be completed in the next two weeks. This will include trenching outside of the construction fence area.
- Plans are beginning to be developed for the move back into the building.