Master of Education Degree Program
Located in the Kansas City area, Graceland University's Gleazer School of Education is proud to be a leader in online education. We understand that teachers lead extremely busy lives and do everything they can to create a positive experience for their students.
Our Master of Education degree programs are carefully designed to provide relevant content that can often be immediately used in a teacher's classroom. Our online master's degree in education format allows teachers the flexibility to learn when it is convenient. In addition, we understand that teachers need access to affordable education, which is why we strive to keep our tuition costs competitive. We offer our education graduate programs in Missouri, Iowa, and online with multiple start dates per year.
- Our School of Education was awarded the United States Distance Learning Association's (USDLA) Platinum Award for Best Practices.
- The 2016 Princeton Review recognized Graceland University as one of the best colleges and universities in the Midwest.
Which Master of Education program is right for you?
- Curriculum and Instruction: Collaborative Learning and Teaching is designed to enable teachers to take the essence of Graceland’s various Master of Education programs and improve their skills and student outcomes. This degree promotes the professional development of practicing teachers at all grade levels and in all subject areas.
- Differentiated Instruction is based on the works of Dr. Carol Ann Tomlinson, a world-renowned expert in Differentiated Instruction, assessment strategies and techniques, and Dr. William Glasser, whose concepts on "choice theory" and his instructional approaches are designed to meet students’ individual needs and strengths.
- Literacy Instruction is designed to provide practical content, including instructional strategies for reading and literacy development.
- Special Education is designed to enhance the teaching strategies of K-12 special education teachers, and teachers who serve students with disabilities.
- Instructional Leadership (for non teachers) focuses on best practices designed for managers or supervisors, trainers or staff personnel who want to improve their own leadership skills and learn how to train adults.
Graceland University's Gleazer School of Education is committed to providing high quality opportunities for teachers' ongoing professional development through traditional classes and continuing education online.
About Your Location (online students only)
Every state in the U.S. creates its own specific regulations about online enrollment of the students who live within the state. Some states require fees and/or application efforts that require a considerable investment of university resources.
Due to this, we have elected to not accept students from Maryland.
Questions? Contact us at:
Jeanette Calipetro, MEd,
1401 W. Truman Rd.
Independence, MO 64050
800.833.0524, ext. 4716 (toll-free)
Graceland University is registered by the Iowa College Student Aid Commission to operate in Iowa and to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. In addition to the grievance policy stated in the Student Rights and Code of Conduct section, students may contact the Iowa College Student Aid Commission at (877) 272-4456 or by using the following URL: https://www.iowacollegeaid.gov/sdrf-start.