Toward Together:

COVID-19 Campus Preparedness Plan
×

#Grateful4 Graceland Annual Day of Giving

The Power of Together. The Power of Caring.

header pattern

Grateful 4 Graceland The power of together | The power of caring. 5 students doing various activities with word overlays

Thanks to you and your amazing generosity, we reached our match goal for this year’s annual #Grateful4Graceland Day of Giving! 90% of the $300,000 raised for the Carrying Our Community Through COVID-19 campaign went directly to student scholarships. The remaining 10% allowed Graceland to make safety and technology upgrades necessary for our campus community. Thank you to our matching donors and to each of you for your unwavering commitment to Graceland. Your generous support made the difference during this unprecedented year!

Thank You to Our Matching Challenge Donors

  • Harry ’70 and Danie Ashenhurst
  • Judy Thomas ’62 Brett
  • Jane Cook ’51 Duckworth
  • Scott ‘61 and Judy Stamos ’61 Harrington
  • John ’61 and Dahna Loeding
  • Judith Moore ‘60
  • Jay ’64 and Cherry Phelps ’65 Newcom
  • Ron ‘61 and Pat Gabrielson ‘64 Trachsel
  • John Whitehurst ‘72

Thank You For Your Generosity

Want to show your gratitude to Graceland with a financial gift? Your generosity goes directly to the Graceland Fund, which provides a foundation for Graceland's greatest needs.

Why Are You #Grateful4Graceland?

My connection with GU came full circle since being a student there 77-80 and then working in the school of education from 2012-19. I'm forever grateful for the many friendships and degrees earned by two of my children and me.

David Trewhitt – G4G '80
header pattern
Why Are You #Grateful4Graceland?

It directed me to and prepared me for two full-time careers.

Arthur L. (Les) Gardner '52
header pattern
Why Are You #Grateful4Graceland?

Wife, Peggy Zmyslony '69 Gordier, and my two daughters, Amy Gordier '98 Kwiat and Kimberly Gordier '94 Reinhardt, attended a great organization and got a super education!

Gerald Gordier
header pattern
Why Are You #Grateful4Graceland?

Community, Opportunity, Growth.

Whitman Stanfield-Myers '21
header pattern
Why Are You #Grateful4Graceland?

It provided me with a firm foundation for my life.

Marilyn Van Trump '47
header pattern
Why Are You #Grateful4Graceland?

Graceland changed my life and the lives of my family members for the better. The education we received continues to impact my family in positive ways. I'm happy to help others experience Graceland.

Peggy Cracraft Sturdevant '96
header pattern
Why Are You #Grateful4Graceland?

Over 55 years ago, I spent two years at Graceland. My professors were dedicated, motivated, and approachable, and my classmates came from around the world. My education there fueled my passion for other cultures and languages, as well as a pursuit of excellence, rigor in academic research, and it provided a foundation for future intellectual, social, and spiritual growth and development.

Sue Ann Allen '68
header pattern
Why Are You #Grateful4Graceland?

I'm grateful for Graceland because I met my wife Ramona Jenson ‘63 Collins…the best thing that ever happened to me. It also introduced to wrestling and became a 2-time All-American and I got a wrestling assistantship that paid for my Masters and PhD. Thank you Graceland! And I have 3 grandkids at Graceland now!

Gary Collins – G4G '63
header pattern
Why Are You #Grateful4Graceland?

Graceland gave me some of the best experiences of my life. I was in Patroness and made so many friends and many of which are still living and I'm still in touch with today. My children and my grandchildren attend there as well and our family is very grateful!

Cheryl Davis Zabel '58
header pattern
Why Are You #Grateful4Graceland?

I am grateful for the lifelong friendship and fellowship I have from the University--they have continued through my whole life.

Karen Crowell '73
header pattern