Social Media Marketing
Keeping current with job demands, Graceland University’s C.H. Sandage School of Business offers a Bachelor of Art degree with a major in Social Media Marketing. The Social Media Marketing major is an innovative, timely and interdisciplinary major of contemporary relevance to students that is intimately tied to the liberal arts and sciences mission and foundation. It is obvious that the demand and market for this major is growing.
The Social Media Marketing major includes a unique combination of communications courses, business and marketing courses, and visual design courses designed to ready students for jobs in the real world. The major draws on the strengths of both the C. H. Sandage School of Business and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Experiential learning is key in this fast paced major and can include projects with all sizes of businesses from small local firms to Fortune 500 companies, internships, visits to companies, industry guest speakers, as well as the opportunity to be a part of the nationally recognized Enactus team and the endowed Sandage Center for the Study of Free Enterprise and Entrepreneurship.
BA Degree - Social Media Marketing Major
In addition to the general education requirements, majors in Social Media Marketing must complete 45 s.h. as prescribed below:
The following 15 semester hours of core Business Administration courses are required:
- ECON1320 Principles of Microeconomics 3 s.h.
- BUAD3330 Principles of Marketing 3 s.h.
- BUAD3500 Marketing Strategies 3 s.h.
- BUAD/CSIT3600 Electronic Commerce 3 s.h.
- BUAD4210 Seminar in Social Media Marketing 3 s.h.
The following 15 semester hours of core Communication courses are required:
- COMM1250 Introduction to Communication Theory 3 s.h.
- COMM2300 Introduction to Media Technologies 3 s.h.
- COMM2500 Introduction to Mass Media 3 s.h.
- COMM3140 Campaigns and Theories of Persuasion 3 s.h.
- COMM3500 Emerging and Social Media 3 s.h.
The following 12 semester hours of core Graphic Design courses are required:
- ARTS1680 Computer Graphics for Art & Design 3 s.h.
- ARTS1710 Introduction to Graphic Design 3 s.h.
- ARTS3630 Systems in Design 3 s.h.
- ARTS3640 Interactive Design 3 s.h.
The following 3 semester hours from Computer Science and Information Technology is required:
- CSIT1060 Introduction to Web Page Programming 3 s.h.
It is strongly recommended that majors in Social Media Marketing also take the following:
• BUAD3450 Organizational Behavior
• COMM2100 Introduction to Organizational Communication
To view course descriptions in art click HERE.
To view course descriptions in business click HERE.
To view course descriptions in communications click HERE.