Application Requirements for Graduate Nursing Programs
Completed applications are due:
The first Monday in July for the fall trimester.
The first Monday in November for the spring trimester.
The first Monday in March for the summer trimester.
Only completed applications will be reviewed. Complete applications include all the necessary items listed in 1-6. Transfer credit petition is optional (7).
- Complete the appropriate online application form:
Applicants are encouraged to submit their application and documentation as early as possible. Applications are reviewed by the School of Nursing Graduate Student Affairs Committee (GSAC). GSAC decisions will be communicated via email. Spots in the program are given on a first-come, first-served basis to applicants who meet or exceed the minimum qualifications.
- Application Fee: A $50 application fee with application to Graceland University. The application fee is nonrefundable unless requested within three business days of Graceland receiving the fee. You can pay the application fee online at www.graceland.edu/payappfee. If paying with a check, it should be made payable to Graceland University and mailed to the address below.
Documentation can be submitted via email (email@example.com), fax (816-833-2990), or mail. If you are mailing your documentation, you may choose to wait and send it all in one packet, or you may send each item as you receive/complete it.
Please allow five to seven business days for mail. Please use the following address:
c/o Documents Coordinator
1401 W. Truman Road
Independence, MO 64050
- Official Transcripts:
Electronic transcripts are acceptable, but only from Docufide, Script-Safe, Parchment, Student Clearinghouse and/or the issuing institution. These transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or Graceland University – Independence Campus. If sending by mail, official transcripts must be in a sealed envelope sent from the institution or issuing service. See below for the required transcripts:
- RN – BSN – MSN applicants: We require ALL transcripts from each school attended, which means if you attended five different schools, we will need five transcripts. If you do not hold a bachelor’s degree, your high school transcript is also required.
- MSN (FNP and AGAC) applicants: We require your BSN transcript only. If you are petitioning for master’s level transfer credit, we also require a transcript showing that coursework (ex. you earned your BSN from Blue University, but you took other coursework at Gold University. We would require both transcripts).
- Post-Grad certificate & DNP applicants: We require your MSN transcript only. If you are petitioning for master’s/doctoral level transfer credit, we also require a transcript showing that coursework (ex. you earned your MSN from Blue University, but you took other coursework at Gold University. We would require both transcripts).
for MSN Online
Fall Term - July 1st
Spring Term - Nov. 1st
Summer Term - March 1st
- Verification of an Active U.S. Nursing License:
A license verification report can be found on the Nursys® website under the QuickConfirm License Verification tab. You may also visit your state board’s official website to access license verification information. In most cases, this should not cost anything. When submitting your verification, the expiration date must be visible on the report.
- Three Professional References:
We require three (3) separate references submitted by current or former employers, or individuals professionally acquainted with you and familiar with your academic competencies and goals. References may not be from relatives, friends, family physicians or clergy. References from master's or doctoral level nurses are preferred but not required. While including a letter is always encouraged, we only require your references to fill out our reference form.
- Enrollment Agreement Form:
You will receive this directly from Graceland after you apply. Graceland is required to share with you the expected fees, tuition, etc. This is part of the application packet that needs to be initialed, signed, and returned with your other documents.
- Transfer Credit Petition:
Approval of transfer credit is made on a course by course basis. Courses submitted for consideration must sufficiently match expected learning outcomes required by Graceland University’s School of Nursing. A detailed syllabus (course descriptions are not acceptable) from each course must be included in your petition.
Candidates may transfer up to three (3) graduate nursing courses for a maximum of 12 semester hours (sh) of graduate course work. Coursework must be completed at a nationally accredited program with a grade of "B" or above and within 5 years prior to admission (see exceptions below)
Special conditions and exceptions to course completion time-limits:
Pharmacotherapeutics and Advanced Health Assessment courses must be completed within three (3) years prior to admission to be considered for transfer credit.
Course completion time limits do not apply to board certified APN demonstrating continuous current practice.
If you are offered admission to the program, you will be required to pass a criminal background check to be admitted.
Graceland University participates with NursingCAS, which is a Centralized Application System (CAS). If you have already built a profile and/or applied previously through NursingCAS, you are welcome to continue your application through them.
If you are seeking financial aid, you must complete a FAFSA form. To complete this, visit the FAFSA website at www.fafsa.ed.gov. To send your FAFSA information to Graceland University, use our school code: 001866. This should be done at your earliest convenience.
ABOUT YOUR LOCATION:
Every state in the U.S. creates its own specific regulations about online enrollment of the students who live within the state. Some states require fees and/or application efforts that require a considerable investment of university resources. In an effort to maintain a reasonable tuition rate, Graceland University’s nursing program does not accept students who live in Kentucky, Maryland, New York, North Carolina or Tennessee at this time.
Graceland University is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission to provide practice experiences in Washington State for RN - BSN, MSN, Post-Grad Certification, and DNP programs.
For international students only:
Prior to consideration for admission, students who received their undergraduate degree outside of the United States or Canada must submit a CGFNS evaluation with a GPA equivalency and a TOEFL score of 550 or higher on the written exam, or a 79 or higher on the online exam. For further information or assistance, you may contact CGFNS at www.cgfns.org.
Thank you for your interest in Graceland University!
Please direct any questions via email to email@example.com or call the Graceland University Independence Campus at 800.833.0524.