- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum cumulative and prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
- If the Overall Cumulative GPA is below 3.0, an applicant may still be eligible for review if their GPA over the last 60 semester hours/90 quarter hours is 3.5 or above.
- Grades Below “C-” (1.7) in prerequisite courses will not be accepted. If a prerequisite is repeated, the final grade must be a C or above.
- If a prerequisite course is repeated, the credit hours assigned to the course may be counted only once in fulfilling the required number of hours. The pre-requisite GPA will be determined using the highest course grade achieved; however, both grades will be calculated into the cumulative GPA category.
- For non-U.S. (foreign/international) coursework, it is recommended to send the World Evaluation Services (WES) foreign transcript evaluation to PTCAS for consideration.
- Two (2) professional references are required: one (1) from a licensed PT and one (1) from a person of the applicant’s choice from the following: another licensed PT, professor, academic, supervisor/employer, health care professional or co-worker.
- Completion of a minimum of forty (40) hours of observation, volunteer, or work experience in a variety of practice settings with a licensed physical therapist. There should be a minimum of 20 hours in one practice setting.
- For all applicants for whom English is not their first language, TOEFL (score of 62), IELTS (equivalent score of 6.0), or Duolingo (equivalent score of 90) exams will be required. Explore our comprehensive list of countries where English is an official language.
- Two personal statements/supplemental essays.
- Completion of an admissions online interview with the DPT Admissions Coordinator by submitting real-time responses to pre-recorded interview questions.
- Completion of a criminal background check prior to matriculation.
- The citizenship types eligible for admission are U.S. citizens and permanent residents.