Graceland University is seeking a social media specialist on the Lamoni, IA campus. This position is responsible for developing, writing, editing and producing digital content to support Graceland’s initiatives in a rapidly changing digital world. The successful applicant will be a multi-tool digital native who is comfortable creating dynamic content for social media and the web on Graceland’s main digital properties, including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube. Storytelling takes many forms and this position will be able to embrace the many digital platforms for telling the Graceland story to prospective students, current students, and our alumni and friends.
Communication skills are a must, but more importantly, the ability to adapt and learn new technologies and use those platforms to showcase the Graceland experience is paramount. The successful candidate will be highly organized, meticulous about detail, and demonstrate strong multi-tasking capabilities without sacrificing creativity and quality. The ability to work independently and collaboratively on multiple projects and tasks is essential to this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in social media marketing, journalism, communications, or related field
- Familiarity with social media platforms and associated marketing tools
- Flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the university
- Familiarity with writing and creating for the web and social media
- 2 years of related experience
- Photography and videography experience, especially for social media and web
- Experience in higher education or nonprofit industry
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, WordPress
- Knowledge of AP style
Interested candidates must submit cover letter and resume to: Graceland University, Human Resources Office, 1 University Place, Lamoni, IA 50140 or email: email@example.com. Phone inquiries to 641-784-5447.