Graceland University is seeking a Marketing Communications Manager on the Lamoni, IA campus. This is a content planning and execution position that will be responsible for writing, editing, and producing a wide variety of communications for both internal and external audiences. This includes, but is not limited to: web pages, blog posts, internal and external communications, marketing brochures, testimonials, video scripts, press releases, newsletters, and more. The successful applicant will write that will appear in print, on the web, and on social media. This is a growth position that will be responsible for ensuring Graceland’s brand voice and tone are consistent, providing clear, concise, and engaging messages.
The successful applicant must have ability to write, edit, proofread, research, interview, and express ideas clearly, often with short deadlines. Strong communication skills are a vital component of this position. The successful candidate will be highly organized, meticulous about detail, and demonstrate strong multi-tasking capabilities without sacrificing creativity and quality. The ability to work independently and collaboratively on multiple projects and tasks is essential to this role. The person in this position will be expected to probe for innovative ways to drive Graceland’s communication efforts to new levels of excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the university, including some nights and weekends
- Familiarity writing for the web and social media
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Cursory understanding of photography
- Experience in higher education or nonprofit industry
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, WordPress
- Knowledge of AP style
Interested candidates must submit two writing samples along with cover letter and resume to: Graceland University, Human Resources Office, 1 University Place, Lamoni, IA 50140 or email: email@example.com. Phone inquiries to 641-784-5447.