Graceland University is seeking a full-time Instructional Designer to play an essential role serving students, faculty and staff with all aspects of the Learning Management System, including course design/changes, trainings and troubleshooting. This position is key to ensuring quality course design, professional development, continuous improvement of existing content, and creative implementation of new material in what is part of a larger digital transformation initiative for the University. This position will be a hybrid remote and onsite from either the Lamoni, IA or Independence, MO campus.
- Administration of learning management system (LMS).
- Develop and maintain standards and templates for institutional use.
- Collaborate with university stakeholders to design engaging learning experiences for online and in-person programs according to best practices in the field.
- Develop and implement an annual review of course content and materials incorporating new technology where appropriate.
- Develop and implement training to individuals and groups on best practices of using educational tools.
- Analyze data provided by the learning management system to support outcomes.
The successful candidate will be a service-minded professional who will offer positive and timely support to students and colleagues. Familiarity with D2L, Brightspace, Zoom, and Teams preferred. Ability to follow detailed processes with great attention to detail and accuracy as well as proficiency in prioritizing tasks and performing within deadlines is preferred. This position may be on-site or remote working around Central Standard Time (CST). Bachelor’s degree in related field is required; master’s degree preferred.
Submit a cover letter, resume and three references using the application form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employment has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Graceland University, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, creed, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. Read more about Graceland’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.