Graceland University has an immediate opening for an additional Director of Development. Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, this role will work closely with other advancement team members, senior administrators, and interact with other University faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors, and community members to manage and strengthen Graceland University’s fundraising practices and develop strategies to achieve the institution’s desired financial future. The Director will work to promote a culture of philanthropy, both internally and externally by consistently engaging and maximizing gift income from a portfolio of individual and corporate donor prospects.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree is required with at least three years of successful and progressive experience in fundraising, and/or business, communications, alumni relations, marketing, annual giving, or a comparable role that includes an acknowledged work history showing successful independent work, creative productivity and advanced communications skills.
- Highly proficient at written and oral communication
- Familiarity with and willingness to support stated goals, objectives, and mission of the University
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel
- This position is flexible on location but serves both the residential campus in Lamoni, Iowa and the online and graduate programs based in Independence, Missouri. Travel to both campus locations on a regular basis is required for strong working knowledge of the University.
- The Director of Development will work with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement to develop and implement comprehensive strategies for major gift donors, planned giving groups, and other key alumni stakeholders which will focus on increasing philanthropic revenue by creating and executing fundraising plans that align with the strategic Blue, Gold and Bold initiatives for Graceland as well as utilize best practices to enhance alumni engagement and donation rates.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 150 donors in order to maximize the funding that can be secured for Graceland’s goals and objectives and to develop strong relationships in order to provide opportunities for alumni and donors to engage in educational, workplace, and cultural community building.
- Be highly engaged in comprehensive campaign fundraising plans and strategies.
- Work as a member of a highly effective development team to maximize funding needed for Graceland’s strategic priorities including Digital Transformation, Health and Wholeness, and Social Responsibility.
- Coordinate the travel plans for donors for the President and Vice President and other individuals at Graceland who can be valuable to accomplish our goals with particular donors.
- Establish personal and effective relationships, with the alumni and friends, that are based on trust and the commitment to help Graceland achieve their goals of helping students develop their potential for meaningful and productive lives.
- Develop annual plan for fundraising for assigned donors for unrestricted, major and planned gifts.
- In collaboration with the Vice President, the Director of Development will provide leadership and stewardship support for alumni groups which may include the identification of potential board members, organizing retreats, meetings, trainings, and guiding communications specific to this constituency with a focus on diversifying membership.
- Provide support for university activities, homecoming, commencement, receptions, etc.
Next steps: Submit cover letter and resume to Graceland University, Attn: Human Resources, 1 University Place, Lamoni, Iowa 50140. To inquire call (641) 784-5447, fax (641) 784-5033, or e-mail email@example.com. EOE. For additional information, contact Kristi Hettrick, Vice President for Institutional Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org.