The Graceland University School of Nursing seeks a Dean for the School of Nursing.
Associate Professor or Full Professor of Nursing-12-month position
The Dean provides leadership to the SON faculty and staff managing all the processes throughout the program including but not limited to curriculum, teaching, accreditation, admission, recruitment, educational quality, external relations, compliance, programing, budget management, and mission alignment. The Dean ensures the program meets current standards of the nursing disciplines, pedagogy, and remains in good accreditation standing.
- Eligible for unencumbered licensure as an RN in Missouri
- Graduate of an accredited BSN and MSN Program
- Terminal degree (PhD or DNP)
- Leadership experience in a school of Nursing
- Experience in writing accreditation and state board approval reports
- Managing budgets
- PhD in Nursing/Higher Administration
Essential Duties and Responsibilities as Associate Professor or Full Professor:
- Supervises all matters relating to curriculum & instruction in the SON.
- Oversees nursing faculty and academic staff recruitment, SON hiring recommendations, and development activities.
- Provides advisory recommendations to the VPAA on all nursing academic appointments, tenure and promotion matters and ensures that such processes comply with the terms of Graceland’s Faculty Persom1el Policy.
- Leads the development and implementation of strategic planning for the SON.
- Establishes the priorities and plans for program development, faculty recruitment, and professional development of faculty and staff. • Oversees academic policy and procedures. • Plans and executes expansion of programs in the SON.
- Develops and adheres to SON budget.
- Exercises good stewardship of the institution’s resources which are allocated to the academic sector to achieve the Graceland mission, vision, and values.
- Serves as a member of the Graduate Council and works closely with Chairs and Deans of graduate programs.
- Provides academic input to, and supports, institutional Enrollment Management efforts.
- Ensures compliance with national accreditation and state approval standards.
- Coordinates periodic academic program review and works with Deans and Office of Institutional Effectiveness to ensure compliance with regional, state, and national entities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with the wider educational and healthcare community.
- Collaborates with development officers to develop and enhance relationships with donors.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the VPAA and President.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Send C.V. and letter of interest with contact information for 3 references using the application form below or email to: Vice President of Academic Affairs, Joel Shrock, email@example.com.
"*" indicates required fields