The Graceland University Enrollment division is a center of activity and needs an administrative assistant with a spirit of positivity, hospitality, and a willingness to help where needed within the division. The Graceland University Enrollment division includes the recruiting, retention, as well as financial aid operations of the university. The four offices work collaboratively to achieve the university enrollment goals.
The successful candidate will be someone with a heart for serving Graceland University and its leadership, as well as a desire to build positive relationships across campus, with senior leadership staff, and with the enrollment team and leaders. They will also be a keeper of highly confidential information, possess an acute business acumen, strong editing skills, have experience working with budgets, staffing tasks, and be assertive in prioritizing and raising items needing attention to the appropriate person.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides administrative assistance to the various departments within enrollment: Lamoni Admissions; Graduate & Adult Learner Admissions; Student Financial Services; and the Office of Student Success & Retention.
Assists the VPESG with scheduling; overseeing the role of hospitality for visiting guests and managing virtual and in-person major guest events; working on division board reporting; and collaborating with other vice president/president offices for leadership, board meetings, and university events.
Assists individual departments with a variety of enrollment-related projects and corresponding marketing and communications; and works on various projects, orders supplies and promotional items for departments, schedules meetings for department leaders.
Manages the enrollment division staffing, which includes working with the vice president to identify funding for shifting staff salary needs. Keeping confidences is crucial. This requires attention to detail in tracking all staffing changes and a mind for calculations.
- Graduate from a college or university, with a bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years office experience with upper-level management.
- Demonstrated ability in organizational skills, including computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and budget management.
- Detail-oriented; able to prioritize, multi-task, and be flexible as urgent tasks arise.
- Superb proofing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a kind, yet assertive spirit to all.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel spreadsheet skills, with a mind for organizing and tracking data.
- Tech savvy – ability to keep up with technical and virtual platforms and welcomes learning new skills.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Graceland University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We are looking for applicants who share our commitment to diversity and inclusivity. The ability to speak Spanish fluently is a plus.
Application Procedure: Submit cover letter, resume, and three names of reference to Graceland University, Human Resources, 1 University Place, Lamoni, IA 50140. To inquire call (641) 784-5447, fax (641) 784-5033, or e-mail email@example.com.
Position will remain open until filled.