Graceland creates learning communities where students develop their potential for meaningful and productive lives.
That's been our mission since 1895, and every day since.
Quick Facts 2015-16
Graceland University, founded in 1895, is a private, four-year liberal arts university.
Recognized by The Princeton Review as a "Best in the Midwest" (2015).
Graceland University is listed in The Princeton Review – Guide to 353 Green Colleges 2015.
U.S. News & World Report first tier in the Regional University - Midwest category in the U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges rankings. (2013-16)
Academic Programs: Over 50 academic majors and programs, including nine pre-professional programs, 36 undergraduate majors, three master's degrees with eight majors and a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree.
Online Programs: Graceland offers online degree programs to over 800 students in education, nursing, business and religion.
Student to faculty ratio: 15:1
Faculty: All Graceland Locations: 89 full-time faculty, 74 percent with a PhD or other terminal degree.
Students: All Graceland locations: 1,956 FTE (IPEDS calculation for Full-Time Equivalent)
- Lamoni Undergraduate: 1,026 (full time and part time)
- Lamoni Undergraduate: 991 (full time)
- High School: 181 (full time and part time)
- Online: 843 (full time and part time); 106 undergrad + 737 grad
- Independence: 213 (full time and part time)
- Centerville and Trenton: 35 (full time and part time)
Housing: Students are members of 17 "Houses"
Student Clubs and Organizations: about 50
Lamoni: Representing 43 states and 23 countries
Independence/Online: Representing 42 states and four countries
- Ms. Teresa Carpenter, Pulitzer Prize Winning Author
- Dr. David Carmichael, MD, Cardiologist
- Jeff Criswell, retired offensive lineman, Kansas City Chiefs
- Dr. Fred Hausheer, Owner, BioNumerik Pharmaceutical
- Bruce Jenner, Olympic Gold Medalist, Decathlon
- Leonard Boswell, U.S. Congressman (retired)
- Milton Young, U.S. Senator (retired)
Wired: Each room has internet and cable TV hookups. Wireless internet is available in all campus housing and all public buildings on campus. In addition, 249 computers are available to students throughout the campus.
Radio Station: KBUZ
SkillPath: More than 300,000 people annually attend SkillPath and CompuMaster seminars provided by the Graceland Center for Professional Development and Lifelong Learning.
Sponsored by Community of Christ.
For more information please refer to the GU Fact Book.