Wallace B. Smith was president of Graceland University’s sponsoring church, Community of Christ, from 1978 to 1996. The scholarships named in his honor go to young men and women who show the promise to make a significant contribution to the Graceland campus by modeling the university’s three core values: learning, wholeness, and community.
In addition to one $3000 scholarship, Graceland will give additional scholarships ranging from $1000 – $2500, renewable for up to four years, to those who have distinguished themselves within any of the university’s three core values.
Winners will be announced the first week on July 22 at the Friday Morning Celebration.
- Complete the application below and include a picture of yourself.
- Submit your Graceland University Application for Admission.
- Have your high school send your sixth semester transcript (high school transcript request form).
- Submit all materials by 1 p.m. on Tuesday, July 19.
- Attend the reception on Wednesday, July 20 between 4:30-6:30 p.m. where applicants can meet their potential Graceland classmates and the selection committee.
- Attend interview on Thursday, July 21, sign-up at the Admissions Office.
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT REQUIREMENTS
Each year participants will be expected to complete one three-semester-hour religion course through Graceland University, either fall or spring semester, and participate in RELG 1700/3700 Missional Ministry and Leadership Practicum the other semester, a one-semester-hour experience.
The practicum will focus on the key components of Community of Christ identity, mission, message and beliefs as expressed in Sharing in Community of Christ and other key resources. The focus will be on the church’s mission initiatives, enduring principles, sacraments, theology, and scripture. There will be an emphasis put on new expressions of what it means to be a disciple in Community of Christ in the context of their lives in the world.
For more information about the practicum, please contact Mike Hoffman, Campus Minister, at email@example.com or 641.784.5466.
Upload, mail, email or fax all application materials to:
Admissions Office, Graceland University, 1 University Place, Lamoni, IA 50140, firstname.lastname@example.org, 641.784.5480
Questions? Please contact the Admissions Office at: 866.472.2352 (866.GRACELAND) or 641.784.5196.
REMINDER: All materials must be in by 1 p.m. on Tuesday, July 19.
WALLACE B. SMITH LEADERSHIP, ARTS AND SPORTS GRANT APPLICATION
"*" indicates required fields