Wallace B. Smith was president of Graceland University’s sponsoring church, Community of Christ, from 1978 to 1996. The scholarships named in his honor go to young men and women who show the promise to make a significant contribution to the Graceland campus by modeling the university’s three core values: learning, wholeness, and community.
In addition to one $3000 scholarship, Graceland will give additional scholarships ranging from $1000 – $2500, renewable for up to four years, to those who have distinguished themselves within any of the university’s three core values.
Winners will be announced the first week in August.
- Complete the application below and include a picture of yourself.
- Submit your Graceland University Application for Admission.
- Have your high school send your sixth semester transcript (high school transcript request form).
- Submit all materials by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, July 20.
- Attend the zoom reception and interview on Monday, July 26 between 4-6 p.m. where applicants can meet their potential Graceland classmates and the selection committee.
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT REQUIREMENTS
To provide increased opportunities for students to create and expand their community, service, and leadership on campus; scholarship recipients will be required to enroll and successfully complete RELG 1700/3700 Missional Ministry and Leadership Practicum each semester. The practicum is pass/fail and is available for either 0 or 1 credit each semester. For more information about the practicum, please contact Mike Hoffman, Campus Minister, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 641.784.5466.
Upload, mail, email or fax all application materials to:
Admissions Office, Graceland University, 1 University Place, Lamoni, IA 50140, email@example.com, 641.784.5480
Questions? Please contact the Admissions Office at: 866.472.2352 (866.GRACELAND) or 641.784.5196.
REMINDER: All materials must be in by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, July 20
WALLACE B. SMITH LEADERSHIP, ARTS AND SPORTS GRANT APPLICATION