Tess Morgan Hall

The hall is named in recognition of the Graceland faculty member who taught English for 33 years and served as dean of women.

header pattern

Tess Morgan Hall consists of three wings: the south one completed in 1960 and the other two completed in 1967. In 1959, the Campus Planning Committee recommended that the structure be named Tess Morgan Hall in recognition of the Graceland faculty member who taught English for 33 years and served as dean of women.

Houses by floor:

North Tess Morgan

  • First floor – Hanthorne
  • Second floor – Khiyah
  • Third floor – Shalom

South Tess Morgan

  • First floor – Amici

West Tess Morgan

  • First floor – Dimora
  • Second floor – Paloma
  • Third floor – Sariah

Special Features

  • Wireless internet throughout the building
  • Two wired internet ports in each room (student must provide internet cable)
  • Air conditioned house lounge on every floor with TV and DVD players for student use
  • Laundry facilities on each floor (two washers and two dryers)
  • Room furniture for each occupant includes one chair and desk, one dresser, one wardrobe, and one bed.
  • Kitchen available for student use equipped with stove, oven, sink and refrigerator
  • Main lounge with big screen TV and leather furniture
  • Vending machines in main lounge
  • Security-locked entryway doors with ID required entry
  • Security cameras in building
  • Piano for student use
  • Kitchen cookware/bakeware available for checkout
  • Tools available for checkout
  • Student storage located in building
  • Bike racks located immediately outside of facility

Hall Address

Tess Morgan Residence Hall
1 University Place
Lamoni, IA 50140

Contact Information

Residence Hall Director: 641.784.5350

Year Built

1960

Tess Morgan Hall

Capacity

245

Tess Morgan Hall

Rooms

136

Tess Morgan Hall