Gunsolley Hall

Named after original faculty member Jeremiah A. Gunsolley.

header pattern

Gunsolley Hall is located at the northeast corner of the campus and is a four-story men’s residence hall east of the Floyd M. McDowell Commons.

The facility was built in 1951 in a Georgian Colonial architecture style and was originally supposed to be called “Garver Hall,” but the board of trustees chose to name it Gunsolley Hall in recognition of original faculty member, Jeremiah A. Gunsolley.

Houses by floor:

  • First floor: Units
  • Second floor: Powell
  • Third floor: Closson
  • Fourth floor: Orion

Special Features

  • Elevator access (for move-in days and special needs)
  • Double- and single-occupancy rooms
  • Restrooms with individual shower stalls
  • Wireless internet throughout the building
  • Two wired internet ports in each room (student must provide internet cable)
  • House lounge on floors two through four (shared by 35-40 residents each)
  • Laundry facilities on floors two through four (two washers and two dryers each)
  • Room furniture for each occupant includes one chair and desk, one dresser, one wardrobe and one bed

Hall Address
Gunsolley Hall
1 University Place
Lamoni, IA 50140

Contact Information
Residence Hall Director: 641.784.5382

Year Built

1951

Gunsolley Hall

Rooms

78

Gunsolley Hall

Capacity

141

Gunsolley Hall