Submit your FAFSA using Graceland's school code (001866) by March 25, 2019 and be entered into a weekly drawing for a $500 scholarship*.
The sooner you submit your FAFSA, the more opportunities you have to be selected.
*In order to qualify for the $500 scholarship drawing, the FAFSA must be submitted with Graceland's school code (001866) with a submission date prior to March 25, 2019. The $500 scholarship will be awarded to students who are attending Graceland University full-time on the Lamoni campus and are renewable for up to four years ($2,000). A total of five (5) scholarships will be awarded.
When to File Your FAFSA
To receive priority consideration for all aid, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should be completed by Febuary 1. Some forms of financial assistance are offered on a first-come, first-served basis, so we encourage you to file your FAFSA early.
Filing Your FAFSA Online
We encourage you to file your FAFSA online as it is the fastest and easiest way to file.
- Request a federal FSA ID, which is your signature. Students and parents will both need a federal FSA ID and each need unique email addresses.
- Return to the FAFSA Website to enter your information. Remember to enter Graceland University's school code: 001866.
- For the 2019-20 FAFSA year you will use your 2017 taxes.
- If you have done your taxes before filling out your FAFSA, we strongly encourage you to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT). The IRS Data Retrieval Tool allows your IRS Tax information to be transmitted to your FAFSA, eliminating mistakes. You may be able to use the tool if you filed your taxes electronically at least two weeks before filing your FAFSA or if you filed on paper at least eight weeks prior.
- Authenticate your FAFSA by providing your FSA ID for both student and Parent. Dependent students that fail to have a parent sign their FAFSA will result in an incomplete FAFSA. Only one parent is required to sign the FAFSA with an FSA ID.
Should your FAFSA be required to complete the federal verification process, you will notified via the email entered on the FAFSA. It is important to provide the documents needed to Student Financial Services within 30 days to complete this process and ensure you receive the financial aid for which you may be eligible.