Page last updated: Monday, March 30, 3:34 p.m. CST
Lamoni campus continues to have zero reported cases of the virus to date, but a case was reported yesterday in Harrison County, which includes Eagleville and Bethany, MO. Our Independence campus also does not have any reported cases of the virus. We did share via email that a student was being tested and that we followed our policies and procedures set forth to us by the CDC and the Iowa Department of Public Health. It was a good test of our procedures which we found to be strong and clarified one timing issue with the Health Department. Should we have a case we have an immediate “go” plan.
Census 2020: As per guidelines from the Census Bureau, students living on campus earlier this spring will be counted by the College as residing here for the current census count. There is no need for students or their families to count these students on their Census forms.
Monday, March 30, 3:34 p.m. cst
Graceland recognizes the COVID-19 pandemic has caused major disruption in the lives of its students during spring 2020. While other institutions have decided not to refund room and board for their disrupted students, Graceland wants to provide our students with a refund related to room and board charges. At the same time, Graceland continues to incur costs in providing rooms and meal plans even though few students remain on campus. We want to do right by our students and provide some support.
Graceland has taken the following actions:
- A refund amount of room and meal plan charges (beginning March 16, 2020, the first date of impact on our campus) was applied to student accounts today.
- Graduating seniors: any balance due was reduced and any amount remaining will be provided to you by check within two weeks.
- Continuing students: any balance due was reduced and any amount remaining will be held on your student account and applied to Fall 2020 charges.
- You may review your student account in My Graceland (Student > Student Financial Services > My Student Account). If you have questions, please contact your Financial Advisor or email email@example.com. Student Financial Services is here to assist you.
Know the Symptoms of COVID-19
Take Steps to Protect Yourself and Others
There are several steps everyone should be taking to remain vigilant in the spread of the virus. That includes:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces regularly.
- Keep your distance from those who are showing symptoms.
- Stay home when you are ill or are experiencing any symptoms.
- Cover your cough and sneeze.
Please keep your eyes on our website, on the daily announcements, and on your Sting email, as we will be sharing new information as it becomes available.