Campus Ministries offers many ways to get involved. While we continue to seek new ways of doing things, our current ministries and activities include:
- Sunday Worship – 4 p.m., in the Community of Christ tradition and utilizing the gifts of students, faculty and staff. Held in Cheville Chapel. Communion/Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper on the first Sunday of the month.
- Afterglow (Wednesday evening worship) – Student-led worship and band, at 7:30 p.m. featuring a mission-based message and music. Followed by Chats, a faith-focused open conversation. Various locations.
- SafeRide-SafeWalk – The Graceland University SafeRide program provides transportation to campus within a 10-mile radius of Graceland’s Lamoni campus. It operates from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday and Saturday evenings, while the university is in session. SafeWalk provides companions for lone walkers across campus on weeknights, 8 p.m. to midnight, except Tuesdays. For either service call 641.784.5438 during hours of operation.
- Spiritual practices, including walking the labyrinth, prayer, and Dwelling in the Word are offered periodically throughout the year.
- Interfaith Prayer Room (Quiet Room) – available in the Newcom Student Union, Room 39, near the west entrance. It is open 24-7 while the university is in session.
- Pastoral care and support – Campus Ministries offers pastoral care and support for students including spiritual guidance and financial assistance for food, clothing, and other basic living needs related to university life.