Intercultural Office

Graceland University is blessed with a very diverse campus community that is supported through many organizations and offices. The Intercultural Office serves the international students at Graceland University's Lamoni Campus in successfully accomplishing their academic, social and professional objectives. The primary function of the office is to provide students assistance in the adjustment to life in the United States and at Graceland. The Intercultural Office serves as liaison between the international students and various University offices, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), embassies, consulates, and off-campus constituencies.

Some of the services provided

  • Provide sessions for orientation and ongoing needs throughout the student's university career
  • Transitions Class (INTD1000) taught by Diana Jones, an extended orientation course
  • Advising for immigration regulations and procedures
  • Coordinate non-resident alien tax compliance for international students
  • Create bridge building activities and opportunities across campus and in the community
  • General counseling
  • Newsletter updates
  • Maintain student records
  • Provide embassy and consulate contacts in the U.S.
  • International Club sponsor
  • Latino Club sponsor
  • Black Student Union leadership support
  • Polynesian Club leadership support


Please contact

Diana Jones 
Director of the Intercultural Office 

Phone: 641.784.5412

**The Intercultural Office is located in the garden level of Walker Hall. Office hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Aug. 1 - May 31.

During the summer months of June and July, please contact Student Life at 641.784.5104 for assistance.

Diana Jones 



**Graceland University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at