Housing Policy

Graceland’s Lamoni campus is a beautiful example of the residential educational model. Residential campuses prioritize safe and conveniently located housing and dining facilities and Residence Life programs that build essential life skills and connections with other students. We believe these factors will support your success all the way through graduation and beyond.

Because we are a residential campus, all students (enrolled in 12 credit hours or more) are required to live in university housing. However, we do not have enough beds to house all students, so each year some students with senior status (88 hours or more) are approved to live off campus. 

For students transferring in with 55 credit hours or less, we have several excellent housing options in our four traditional residence halls: Gunsolley Hall, Graybill Hall, Tess Morgan Hall and Walker Hall. Learn more about our innovative House Social System.

Traditional Residence Halls

  • 2-person rooms
  • semi-private rooms (larger 2-person rooms)
  • private rooms

For students transferring into Graceland with 56 credit hours or more, there are several upperclassmen housing options available on a first-come, first-serve basis:

Apartment Style Housing (limited availability)

  • 2-person to 4-person apartments
  • full bathroom
  • central air
  • laundry in apartment
  • full kitchen
  • living/dining room
  • high speed internet
  • premium cable
  • open visitation
  • 5-meal plan (required) or full-meal plan (alternate option)

Upperclassmen Units (limited availability)

  • private room & 2-person room options (student’s choice)
  • laundry included in housing cost
  • air conditioned
  • premium cable
  • high speed wireless internet
  • furnished
  • full meal plan

Unless students meet one of the four automatic exemptions listed below, transfer students must have already earned or be currently enrolled in 88 semester hours or more to be eligible to apply to live off campus. Complete the Off-Campus Application Form.

Automatic exemptions to the On-Campus Living Policy are granted for students who

  • are 23 years of age or older
  • live with their parents/legal guardians or have legal dependent(s) who live with them
  • are legally married
  • are military veterans

Review our university housing listings and special features of each facility.

Do you have a special housing need which may require accommodation? Complete the Special Housing Needs Request Form found on the Student Success Studio page under the Student Disability Services tab.

Housing requests can be completed online after you have been accepted or by calling 866.GRACELAND, ext. 5107.