Welcome, we are delighted that you are interested in learning more about Graceland University. Searching for a college that will best fit your needs is an exciting process. We're pleased that you're including Graceland in that search. As you explore our website, you will learn about coming to Graceland as a transfer or non-traditionally aged college student and the unique services we provide to ease your transition to Graceland University.
We hope the information below answers the majority of your questions. If you have other questions or need additional information, please contact the Admissions Office. We will be happy to assist you.
Steps for applying
- Apply on-line at www.graceland.edu/apply.
- Arrange for submission of official final transcripts to be sent from all colleges you have attended, having accumulated at least 24 semester hours. Students with less than 24 hours will be required to meet freshmen requirements and submit official transcripts documenting all college coursework attempted, along with an official high school transcript, which includes class rank (if available), and ACT/SAT scores.
- After all your materials are in, you will be evaluated for acceptance.
- Upon acceptance, you must submit your deposit of $200. The deposit will hold your place in the incoming class, reserve your financial aid package, and allow you to register for classes for the semester you plan to enroll. The full deposit is refundable when you leave Graceland provided no charges have been assessed against your account.
Criteria for acceptance (Click here for more detailed criteria)
- Acceptance is based on your college work rather than high school if you have attended college full time for at least one semester and/or accumulated 24 semester hours of credit.
- A 2.00 cumulative grade point average on all transfer credit is required. (Exceptions will be considered individually.)
** Applicants who do not meet the above criteria can submit a letter, along with their application materials, describing how they can be successful at Graceland University. Please share relevant career experience and other qualifications that will enable future success as a Graceland student.
Additional transfer information (Click here for detailed transfer steps)
- Classification - If you have earned 56 transferable semester hours with a grade point average of 2.00 based on a 4.00 point system, you will enter Graceland at junior standing.
- Transferable hours - There is no maximum number of hours acceptable for transfer from two-year schools.
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) - Credit for or waiver of courses through CLEP will be determined by Graceland upon receipt of scores from the College Board.
- General Education - If you are transferring from a regionally accredited 2-year or 4-year college or university with at least a 2.00 cumulative GPA in transferable coursework, refer to Graceland's catalog to see the general education alternative for you.
- Degree audit - When final college transcripts have been received from all colleges you have attended, you have been accepted to Graceland, Admissions has been notified of your intended major, and you have paid your deposit of $200, a degree audit can be processed to determine what courses will be required for graduation from Graceland. This can be done by making the request to the registrar or, after you have received your user name and password, you can do your own audit through My Graceland. You should receive your user name and password soon after you pay your deposit.
Net Price Calculator
The Net Price Calculator is designed to help residential campus students estimate financial aid options for Graceland University. Please be sure to complete the entire process to ensure the best possible results.