Pre-Med success stories
- Lauren Zabel will graduate this spring. She has been accepted into KU med and will start med school this fall.
- Andrew Galbraith is a member of the class of 2016. He started a DO program at Rocky Vista in Colorado this past fall.
- Becca Ferguson is a member of the class of 2015. She started medical school at KU this past fall.
- Jesse Rincon is a member of the class of 2014. He started a DO program at the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences this past fall.
- Sydney Brock is a member of the class of 2015. She is in the DO program at Des Moines University.
- Anna Cleland-Leighton is a member of the class of 2014. She is at KU med.
- Jared Beck is a member of the class of 2009. He just graduated from the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences. He is doing a residency in Nebraska.
- Clayton Hines is a member of the class of 2009. Clay just graduated from the University of Texas - Galveston. He is doing a residency in anesthesiology at Oklahoma.
- Tyler Jones is a member of the class of 2008. He just graduated from Oklahoma and is doing his residency in Oklahoma.
- Tyler Bridge is a member of the class of 2008. Tyler is a medical student at the University of Minnesota.
- Jenny Stone is a member of the class of 2008. She just graduated from the University Of Kansas School Of Medicine. She is doing a pediatric residency at the University Of Iowa School Of Medicine.
- Bob Pranaat is a member of the class of 2006. Bob is a 4th year med student at Oregon Health Science University in Portland. OHSU is one of the top 5 medical schools in the country.
- Andi Chatburn is a member of the class of 2006. Andi attended the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences. Andi is in palliative care in Spokane, Washington.
- Joel Ward class of 2006 attended the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences. He first earned his master's before entering their DO program. He is a hospitalist in West Des Moines.
- Michael Duke class of 2005, went to Wisconsin for medical school. He went to Childrens Hospital in Kansas City for his residency. He is currently working there.
- Brett Jagger is a member of the class of 2004. He recently graduated from the University of Indiana. During his time there he was accepted into an NIH fellowship. He spent two years in Bethesda, Maryland, followed by two years in Cambridge, England, working with the avian flu virus while working towards his PhD. He has moved on to a residency in infectious disease and internal medicine at Washington University.
- Brooke Johnson-Wright is a member of the class of 2004. She attended Des Moines University and just finished her residency in ER medicine in Ohio. She was the chief resident in the ER. She started her first job in ER medicine at a hospital in Tennessee. She has now moved back home to Des Moines.
- Hiwot Waldo is a member of the class of 2004. Hiwot attended the University of Pittsburg and did her psychiatry residency in New York City.
- Tara Butler is a member of the class of 2002. Tara attended the University of Missouri Kansas City and completed her ER residency in Florida. She is currently practicing in Florida.
Pre-Dental success stories
- Tara Sheehy will be graduating this spring and has been accepted into dental school at UMKC.
- Matt Waite graduated from GU in 2013. Matt majored in biology. He was actively involved in tennis. Matt is a dental student at UMKC.
- Sophia Ringsdorf graduated spring of 2013 with a degree in biology. During her stay at Graceland she has been playing varsity softball and a member of the SIFE team. She is in her third year of dental school at Iowa.
- Brett Waite graduated from GU in 2009. Brett majored biology. He was actively involved in tennis. Brett just graduated from UMKC’s dental program and is continuing his education and becoming a maxillofacial surgeon.
- Baren Grutter graduated from GU in 2006. He majored in mathematics, chemistry and biology. He was actively involved in track. Baren attended UMKC’s dental program and is now practicing in the Kansas City area.
- Janelle Sakima Roberts skated for the Ice Capades before attending Graceland. At GU she was very involved with student government and Gadets. Upon completion of her biology major in 2001 she was accepted into the dental program at the University of San Francisco. t is one of the top 5 dental schools in the country. Once she finished dental school, she went on to finish a residency in pediatric dentistry. She is now practicing in Kansas City.
- Tim Silegy class of 1986 is a maxillofacial surgeon and has been on “Extreme Makeover.”
Pre-Vet success stories
- Ariel Dickerson graduated in the spring of 2015. She will be starting vet school at Iowa State this fall.
- June Wiley graduated in the spring of 2013. She will be attending veterinary school at Kansas this fall.
- Weston Heintz graduated in the spring of 2013 with a degree in biology and chemistry. During his stay at Graceland he has been actively involved in the community. One of his greatest accomplishments in this realm was to complete the emergency medical technician training enabling him to be a first responders. Something greatly needed in Lamoni. Weston is in his second year of vet school at Florida.
- Sarah Balik graduated from GU in 2012. She majored in biology. Sarah is currently in vet school at the Iowa State.
- Ryan Birks graduated from GU in 2008. He majored in biology. He was actively involved in track. Ryan vet school at the University of Missouri - Columbia. This last fall he graduated and is doing an internship this year in Oklahoma. Following his internship he will be doing a surgical residency. The residency is at Tufts in Massachusetts.
- Abbie MacDonald graduated from GU in 2007. She majored in biology. Abbie attended vet school at the University of Missouri - Columbia. She is currently practicing in Colorado Springs.
- Carrie Brown graduated from GU in 2005. She majored in biology. Carrie attended vet school at the Iowa State. She is currently practicing in Mason City, Iowa.
Pre-Pharm success stories
- Nathan Daugherty graduated in 2013. He is in his third year at Michigan.
- Nikki Conrad graduated in the spring of 2012. She is in her third year at Belmont.
- Chase Moore graduated from GU in 2008. He majored in chemistry and was on the basketball and golf teams. Chase attended pharmacy school at the University of Iowa. He is currently practicing in Hannibal, MO.
- Luke Atwood graduated from GU in 2005. He majored in biology. Luke attended pharmacy school at Creighton. He is currently practicing in Arizona.
- Emily Donnelson graduated from GU in 2002. Emily attended pharmacy school at UMKC. She currently practices in the Kansas City area.
- Alexa Dixon Graduated from GU in 2007. She attended pharmacy school at the University of Missouri - Columbia. She is currently a stay-at-home mom.
Grad school success stories
- Stephen Moore is a member of the class of 2016. He started a doctoral program in neuroscience this past summer at Arizona.
- Paloma Ortiz class of 2015 began her master’s program in Forensic Science this past fall at Emporia State.
- Emily Henson graduated from GU in the spring of 2013. She is currently in a master’s program in genetics counseling at Wayne State.
- Ryan Sheehy graduated from GU in 2010. He recently graduated with his doctorate in pharmacology and is now in a post doctoral program at Iowa.
- Koonyee Lam graduated from GU in 2011. She is currently at the University of Iowa in their biosciences program.
- Kevin Potter graduated from GU in 2008. He is currently at Iowa State in their microbiology program.
- Caleb Brian graduated from GU in 2008. He is at the University of Wisconsin - Madison in their analytical chemistry program.
- Amanda Land Say graduated from GU in 2005. She recently finished her doctorate in biochemistry and molecular from Clemson. She is now working on a post doc at MD Anderson Cancer Clinic.
- Melanie Blevins graduated from GU in 2002. She is currently at the University of Colorado in their biochemistry and molecular genetics program.
CSIT success stories
- Jacob Belmore graduated from GU in 2012, completed his master's in artificial intelligence and has returned to GU to teach.
Mathematics success stories
- Piper Koehler just graduated and is working at the Central Academy of Excellence in Kansas City, MO.
- Leslie Wright (Lame) just graduated and is teaching in the Kansas City area.
Other graduate success stories
- Paige Webberley is worthy of note. She graduated in 2012, and this past year was working in Sierra Leone. She was one of the Peace Corp workers evacuated due to the Ebola virus outbreak. She plans to one day attend medical school.
Many of these students were house presidents, involved with student government and student life. One was a GSG president. These students ran cross-country, played volleyball, softball, soccer, the trumpet and the baritone sax. They were in choir and as a group are very talented and very, very smart. Some have the Gold Seal, Graceland’s highest award for Student Life.