B.A. in Health Care Management
We are excited to announce that we have recently revamped our Health Care Management Degree to include courses in the cutting edge field of informatics!
This bachelor's degree prepares you to begin a management career as a health care administrator by giving you a blend of medical knowledge, informatics experience and management expertise. You will gain a fundamental understanding of health care delivery systems and services, as well as the factors that impact the health care environment.
Graduates typically find health care administration positions in organizations such as hospitals, medical practices, long-term care facilities and community health providers as well as health care related organizations such as health insurance companies, consulting firms, managed care organizations, pharmaceutical companies and other organizations that support the health care industry. The job market outlook for managers in health care administration programs is very strong with projections from the Bureau of Labor Statistics showing a 22% increase in the job market between 2010 and 2020. The median pay in 2010 was $84,000.
You will have the opportunity to complete a health care administration degree that builds upon your previous education and professional background. Up to 30 hours of credit may be received for previous work experience and continuing education. In addition to the general education requirements, you must complete 30 semester hours as prescribed below:
B.A. Degree - Health Care Management Major*
In addition to the general education requirements, Healthcare Management majors must complete 30 semester hours as prescribed below:
- BUAD3330 Principles of Marketing 3 s.h.
- HCAD3330 Healthcare Finance and Economics 3 s.h.
- HCAD3420 Human Resources and Organizational Behavior for Healthcare 3 s.h.
- HCAD4100 Internship in Healthcare Management 3 s.h.
- HCAD4300 Introduction to Healthcare Informatics 3 s.h.
- HCAD4310 Healthcare Electronic Database Systems 3 s.h.
- HCAD4320 Electronic Data Management 3 s.h.
- HCAD4400 Quality Assurance in Operation Management 3 s.h.
- HCAD4500 Leadership in Healthcare 3 s.h.
- INTD3720 Legal Aspects of Healthcare Management 3 s.h.
*Offered at Graceland University locations other than the Lamoni Campus.
Questions? Please Contact Us:
1-(800) 833-0524 ext. 4718
Loren D. Spicer, Admissions Representative
Graceland University, 1401 W. Truman Road
Independence, MO 64050