Publications Writing & Design
The Publications Design major combines work in writing, art and computer technology. Its goal is to prepare students to create both the form and content of various texts in fields such as advertising, publications and public relations.
BA Degree — Publication Writing & Design Major
In addition to the general education requirements, majors in Publication Writing & Design must complete 46 semester hours as prescribed below:
- ARTS1210 2-D Design 3 s.h.
- ARTS1680 Computer Graphics for Art & Design 3 s.h.
- ARTS1710 Introduction to Graphic Design 3 s.h.
- ARTS2390 History of Graphic Design 3 s.h.
- ARTS2600 Professional Practices 3 s.h.
- ARTS3630 Systems in Design 3 s.h.
- ARTS3640 Interactive Design 3 s.h.
- ARTS3820 Portfolio Development 3 s.h.
- COMM2300 Introduction to Media Technologies 3 s.h.
COMM/ENGL2500 Introduction to Mass Media or
ENGL3480 Cultural Studies 3 s.h.
- COMM3140 Campaigns and Theories of Persuasion 3 s.h.
- One literature survey course (selected from ENGL1500, ENGL2310, ENGL2320, ENGL2330, ENGL2340) 3 s.h.
- Creative writing course (ENGL2410 or ENGL2420) 3 s.h.
- ENGL3420 Culture, Language, and Text 3 s.h.
- ENGL4300 Internship in English (1 s.h.) Students must work a semester for an approved publication (such as The Tower, Horizons, or The Vespiary).
- ENGL4500 Senior Publication Project 3 s.h.