Interlibrary Loan (ILL):
Currently enrolled Graceland students, faculty and staff have interlibrary loan privileges. The following procedures will govern ILL requests:
- The library will attempt to obtain the requested articles/items at no charge. If there is no free source available, you will be notified of the cost to see if you are still interested. If you agree to pay, that amount will be added to your monthly university bill.
- The library will process seven (7) requests per student per day.
- Students may request an unlimited number of scans from the print collection. Due to copyright limits, students may request up to 50 articles in a calendar year, which Grabske must obtain from other libraries (ILL).
- Faculty article requests will be handled at the same time as student requests, but student requests and faculty requests related to teaching will be given first priority.
- Article requests will be handled as quickly as possible, but speed of delivery may be affected by the interlibrary loan workload. Please ask as far in advance as possible. Some articles may be delivered in as little as 24 hours, but some may take a week or more.
Library staff will not routinely email articles, which are available free and in full-text, using Graceland databases to students. If you need help using library databases, please call 641.784.5483.
Currently enrolled Graceland students, faculty and staff have circulation privileges.
For Graceland students
- Books are checked out for 21 days.
- DVDs may be checked out for 24 hours.
- Reserve materials circulate for two hours in-house.
- We do not check out journals. Journal articles may be scanned or copied in the library.
- Renewals may be made by phone, email or online.
- Materials may not be renewed when fines reach $20.00.
For Graceland faculty and staff
- All materials (except journals) may be checked out for six months.
- If a request is made for checked out material, the library may ask that the material be returned.