Graceland University has an opening for a part-time (20 hours/week) TRIO Success Coach. TRIO is a Department of Education grant program designed to offer the intentional interventions necessary to break down barriers to higher education for low income, first generation, or differently-abled students enrolled in higher education. TRIO is a retention program, funded by the Department of Education, proven to be instrumental in retaining and graduating GU’s most under-served populations for the past 40 years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet weekly with TRIO students on Academic Probation.
- Facilitate goal setting with TRIO students (academic and personal) & monitor these goals
- Complete Educational Action Plans (EAPs) with TRIO participants once accepted into SSS
- Provide information on Federal student financial aid programs and assist in completing financial aid applications, including FAFSA and provide resources for locating public and private scholarships
- Advocate for student needs among faculty, staff and administration as necessary
- Provide career education & academic advising
- Monitor TRIO students classroom attendance and grades and follow up consistently on concerns, including class alerts from faculty.
- Provide immediate and consistent follow-through with students, faculty and staff.
- TRIO Years 1-4 and a First Year course to freshman each fall
- Ability to work as a cohesive team member
- Background similar to the population served by TRIO
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- MASTER’S DEGREE (or currently enrolled in Master’s) in Social Work, Psychology, Education, or related field.
- Experience assisting and assessing students/clients in academic and/or life skills.
- Experience working respectfully and authentically with diverse identities.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and use good judgment, initiative, and
resourcefulness when dealing with staff, students, and faculty.
- Ability to critically assess situations, maintain attention to detail, solve problems, work
efficiently under stress, within deadlines, and changing work priorities.
Position will remain open until filled. Send letter of application, resume, and three references via the webform below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.