The Graceland University Admissions Office currently has two full-time, 12-month internship positions available. The below descriptions provide an overview of possible focus areas for internships; however, responsibilities are fluid and other duties will be assigned, as necessary.
Recent graduates of Graceland will be selected, on-boarded, and trained as admissions professionals, and would ideally be strong candidates to fill vacancies in the Admissions team.
Duties may include one of more of the following assignments:
- Provide support for one or more admissions counselors.
- Aid Admissions Specialists with processing mailings, applications, transcripts, and data entry
- Travel and represent GU at college fairs, high schools, etc.
- Oversee the design, organization, and training of the Student Call Center.
- Assist with the GU Summer Rep program (summer camps) if needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The Admissions Office welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We are looking for applicants who share our commitment to diversity and inclusivity. The ability to speak Spanish fluently is a plus.
- $1,458 monthly stipend, approximately $17,500 annually (40 hours/week, June 1, 2021 – May 30, 2022).
- Private bedroom and shared residence at 620 College Avenue.
- Full Meal Plan while school is in session. When school is not in session, meals are provided during hours of Sodexo operation.
Interested applicants need to email a cover letter and resume, along with three names of reference, to Human Resources Office, email@example.com. The ability to follow these instructions will be included in the assessment of candidates. The first round of interviews will be held the week of April 12. These internship positions will remain open until filled.