Graceland University is seeking a dynamic and inspiring Head Women’s Soccer Coach to return our women’s program to the national stage of excellence. Graceland women’s program has a rich history of conference championships, national rankings, and the ability to attract high level international players to the program. We are seeking a passionate coach who is committed to excellence and is willing to accept the challenge of returning the program to greatness.
Graceland University is private liberal arts university located in Lamoni Iowa and competing in the competitive NAIA Heart of America Athletic Conference. The university is conveniently located 1 hour south of Des Moines and 2 hours north of Kansas City.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the planning and implementation of details in all aspects of the Women’s Soccer program, including team organization and make ups, player selection and evaluations, practice planning and implementation, and game planning and strategy.
- Ability to recruit, coach and teach highly talented student-athletes.
- Represents the University at campus, alumni, and community functions.
- Coaches/instructs team members individually, and in groups, and demonstrate sport related skills and techniques. May coach/manages a designated skill development area or group of positions. Evaluates individual player skill performance and provides instruction in areas of deficiency as required. Reviews video to evaluate skills and determine needed areas of development.
- Supervises and organizes the assigned athletic program as determined by the Director of Soccer Operations
- Organizes and produces scouting reports/information on opponents in a manner determined by Director of Soccer Operations
- Assists with team discipline, player counseling, and related matters requiring discretion, decision making and independent judgment.
- Participates in the evaluation of high school talent through high school visits, on sight game observations at high school, regional, state and national competitions, and film/video review and analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Soccer Operations and/or Athletic Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree and five years coaching experience.
- Effective communicative and public relation skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Competent knowledge of sport specific techniques, skill development and game planning.
- An understanding of how to build and manage a team.
- The ability to understand and articulate program needs.
- Demonstrated competency in helping to meet program objectives, working independently, supervising others, and helping to establish program priorities.
- An ability to communicate with and interact positively with students, faculty, staff, and the broader University community.
- Knowledge in the operational use of computer and video technology.
- The ability to develop a safe and functional working environment.
- An appreciation of and a willingness to adhere to the NAIA philosophy, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to follow directions and accept decisions.
Position will remain open until filled. Send letter of application, resume, and three references to: Human Resources, Graceland University, 1 University Place, Lamoni, IA 50140 or electronically using the form below or email to email@example.com. Phone inquiries to 641-784-5447.