Graceland University is seeking a dynamic and inspiring Head Women’s Flag Football Coach to start and lead our women’s program to the national stage of excellence. Graceland women’s flag football program is a new program looking to start play in the spring of 2024 as an associate member of the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference. We are seeking a passionate coach who is committed to excellence and is willing to accept the challenge of leading the program to greatness.
Graceland University is private liberal arts university located in Lamoni Iowa and competing in the competitive NAIA Heart of America Athletic Conference. The university is conveniently located 1 hour south of Des Moines and 2 hours north of Kansas City.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the planning and implementation of details in all aspects of the Women’s Flag Football program, including team organization and make ups, player selection and evaluations, practice planning and implementation, and game planning and strategy.
- Ability to recruit, coach and teach highly talented student-athletes.
- Represents the University at campus, alumni, and community functions.
- Coaches/instructs team members individually, and in groups, and demonstrate sport related skills and techniques. May coach/manages a designated skill development area or group of positions. Evaluates individual player skill performance and provides instruction in areas of deficiency as required. Reviews video to evaluate skills and determine needed areas of development.
- Organizes and produces scouting reports/information on opponents.
- Assists with team discipline, player counseling, and related matters requiring discretion, decision making and independent judgment.
- Participates in the evaluation of high school talent through high school visits, on sight game observations at high school, regional, state, and national competitions, and film/video review and analysis.
- Pending academic credentials, may teach one class per semester in the Transformational Leadership Major.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Athletic Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years’ experience playing, coaching, or involvement in flag football at the high school, college, or national level required.
- Master’s Degree and such experience preferred.
- Effective communicative and public relation skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Competent knowledge of sport specific techniques, skill development and game planning.
- An understanding of how to build and manage a team.
- The ability to understand and articulate program needs.
- Demonstrated competency in helping to meet program objectives, working independently, supervising others, and helping to establish program priorities.
- An ability to communicate with and interact positively with students, faculty, staff, and the broader University community.
- Knowledge in the operational use of computer and video technology.
- The ability to develop a safe and functional working environment.
- An appreciation of and a willingness to adhere to the KCAC and NAIA philosophy, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to follow directions and accept decisions.
Position will remain open until filled. Send letter of application, resume, and three references via the webform below or email to email@example.com.