Graceland University is seeking a dynamic and inspiring Head Dance Coach to continue our program on the path to the national stage of excellence. Graceland’s Dance program is coming off a very successful season and has the ability to attract high level dancers to the program. We are seeking a passionate coach who is committed to excellence and is willing to accept the challenge of continuing the program to greatness.
Graceland University is private liberal arts university located in Lamoni Iowa and competing in the competitive NAIA Heart of America Athletic Conference. The university is conveniently located one hour south of Des Moines and 2 hours north of Kansas City.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the planning and implementation of details in all aspects of the Dance program, including team organization and make ups, dancer selection and evaluations, practice planning and implementation, and choreography and strategy.
- Ability to recruit, coach and teach highly talented student-athletes.
- Represents the University at campus, alumni, and community functions.
- Coaches/instructs team members individually, and in groups, and demonstrate sport related skills and techniques. Will coach/manage skill development for all members. Evaluates individual dancer skill performance and provides instruction in areas of deficiency as required. Reviews video to evaluate skills and determine needed areas of development.
- Supervises and organizes the Dance Program.
- Collaborates and supports the Spirit Squad Coordinator on all things Game Day related, Homecoming, Pep Rally’s, etc.
- Assists with team discipline, player counseling, and related matters requiring discretion, decision making and independent judgment.
- Participates in the evaluation of high school talent through high school visits, on sight observations at high school, regional, state, and national levels of competition, and film/video review and analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Athletic Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree and five years coaching experience.
- Effective communicative and public relation skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Competent knowledge of sport specific techniques, skill development and execution.
- An understanding of how to build and manage a team.
- The ability to understand and articulate program needs.
- Demonstrated competency in helping to meet program objectives, working independently, supervising others, and helping to establish program priorities.
- An ability to communicate with and interact positively with students, faculty, staff, and the broader University community.
- Knowledge in the operational use of computer and video technology.
- The ability to develop a safe and functional working environment.
- An appreciation of and a willingness to adhere to the NAIA philosophy, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to follow directions and accept decisions.
Position will remain open until filled. Submit letter of application, resume, and three references via the application form below or email to: email@example.com.