Graceland University is seeking a dynamic Associate Head Men’s Soccer Coach to assist in the role of Lead Assistant to the Head Coach with the varsity program, while overseeing the operations of the Junior Varsity program. Applicants must be proactive, have good time management skills and the ability to connect and lead college athletes appropriately. We are seeking a passionate coach who is committed to excellence and is willing to work within the coaching staff to continue our program to greatness.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the planning and implementation of details in all aspects of the Men’s Varsity Soccer program.
- Oversees the planning and implementation of details in all aspects of the Men’s Junior Varsity Soccer program.
- Planning and delivery of training sessions.
- Involvement in Social Media Marketing of Varsity and Reserve teams.
- Travel Organization
- Ability to recruit, coach and teach highly talented student-athletes.
- Representing the University at campus, alumni, and community functions.
- Participates in the evaluation of high school talent through high school visits, on sight observations at high school, regional, state, and national levels of competition, and film/video review and analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- 3 – 5 Years of Coaching Experience at the College Level or above preferred.
- Effective communicative and public relation skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Competent knowledge of sport specific techniques, skill development and execution.
- An understanding of how to build and manage a team.
- The ability to understand and articulate program needs.
- Demonstrated competency in helping to meet program objectives, working independently, supervising others, and helping to establish program priorities.
- An ability to communicate with and interact positively with students, faculty, staff, and the broader University community.
- Knowledge of the operational use of computer and video technology.
- The ability to develop a safe and functional working environment.
- An appreciation of and a willingness to adhere to the NAIA philosophy, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to follow directions and accept decisions.
Position will remain open until filled. Send letter of application, resume, and three references using the application form below or send to: Human Resources, Graceland University, 1 University Place, Lamoni, IA 50140 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Graceland University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We are looking for applicants who share our commitment to diversity and inclusivity.