Follett Bookstore - Lamoni, IA campus
Follett serves over half of the students in the United States, and works with 80,000 schools as a leading provider of education technology, services and print and digital content. We're higher education's largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and community as we operate nearly 1,200 local campus stores and over 1,600 virtual stores across the continent. We take pride in the fact that for more than 140 years, we have been helping to improve people's lives by supporting a lifetime of learning and education.
We are looking for a results-driven Retail Store Manager to be responsible for the overall store management at Graceland University's Lamoni, IA campus bookstore. This position executes and provides leadership and oversight for all facets of bookstore operations including: hiring, training, supervising, developing and motivating of managers, supervisors, and team members; preparing and executing store operating plans; establishing and enhancing strong campus relations; guiding course materials activities; maintaining a high-level of customer service throughout the store; delivering on General Merchandise expectations; demonstrating expert-level knowledge of Follett systems and strategies; and completing other necessary store activities as needed.
Effectively executes company programs and initiatives. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedure. Resolves complaints and escalated issues in a timely and satisfactory manner. Partners with various support partners. Consistently demonstrates Follett Values.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Responsible for full cycle talent management, to include recruiting, training, coaching and talent development for full-time, part-time and temporary team members. Works to identify key talent to support talent pipeline. Ensures effective performance management and maintains a culture of accountability. Develops cross-functional teams of engaged associates with the ability to execute initiatives and drive operational standards and business results. Provides staff training. Manages other staff managers and guides them in directing and coaching their staff, if applicable. Develops and promotes a team environment and acts as a leader within the store to all staff levels. Makes decisions relating to the selection and deployment of staff in order to meet sales and labor budgets.
Prepares and implements detailed operating plans for all store departments for standard operations, busy rush periods, and special events (athletics, graduation). Shares plans with managers and team members and leads/drives them to execution. Analyzes store financials and makes determinations regarding how to positively impact future sales/expense opportunities. Plans and prepares for promotions. Demonstrates full understanding of capacity and velocity requirements, based on previous history.
Establishes, enhances, and maintains positive, responsive relationships with campus community, particularly campus administration, athletics departments, faculty and staff. Seeks out new ways to partner with campus regarding remote selling opportunities, maintaining Follett's campus presence, and resolving complex issues on an as needed basis.
Provides oversight and guidance and/or executes all facets related to course materials, to include managing and directing the work of the Course Materials Manager, if applicable. Reviews enrollment numbers, past history, inventory levels and current adoptions in order to ensure appropriate quantities for purchase and to buy back. Interacts with faculty and others as needed to gain access to adopted titles for upcoming semester far in advance to maximize profit.
Develops a customer-centric experience and engages team members in the delivery/execution of that objective. Provides highest levels of customer service within the store and in all interactions with stakeholders. Manages the visual presentations to create an exciting shopping environment for customers.
Executes corporate General Merchandise objectives, including allocation of floor space based on sales by department/sub-department. Modifies plans to fit specific needs.
Participates in the execution of store-specific projects, such as renovations and reorganizations, or assists in projects relating to store opening or closings. May function as a regional trainer.
Ensures all back office functions, including the preparation of invoices, process of chargebacks and coordination of stock shipments are completed in accordance with company directives and/or policies and procedures.
May have oversight, with varying levels of direct management responsibility, for one or more additional locations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
0-3 years of expereince
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Retail management or strong customer service experience; academic retail experience a plus; strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills; strong customer service, communication and presentation skills; strong analytical skills and financial acumen; advanced relationship building, a demonstrated ability to influence a team and customer outreach
General Computer Skills
If interested, use the Apply button on this page to submit your application: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1122441&d=Retail_External#/
Outreach International Job Opportunities (Kansas City, MO)
Brand Copywriter / Content Manager
Location: Kansas City, MO
Salary/Benefits: Competitive within the nonprofit sector. This position is full-time and offers benefits, including medical/dental insurance, considerable paid vacation leave, life and disability insurance and an excellent retirement plan.
Deadline: Position open until filled.
Outreach International is a global nonprofit that supports local leaders and community-led groups who develop lasting solutions to poverty-related issues. For more than 40 years, we have provided a framework for empowerment, facilitating the organization of community-based organizations to collaborate on all stages of issue resolution in an authentic, engaged, inclusive environment.
Our marketing team works to spread awareness of our work and share the passion and humanity of our community partners with the world through engaging, inventive, and ambitious materials.
We are looking for a writer to create compelling and thoughtful copy to share the mission of Outreach across different platforms, targeting a variety of audiences.
As the writer at Outreach International, you will craft authentic, persuasive, and inspiring copy for our website, fundraising campaigns, social media, blogs, email communications, donor letters, and much more. We are looking for someone who can creatively communicate what we do concisely. As a member of the Marketing Team, you will work in close collaboration with our Visual Communications Manager to make sure our communications are both on-brand and effective.
You are responsible for managing the voice and tone of the organization. You would rather write uplifting content that focuses on the possibilities rather than on the problem. Your copy exudes dignity and respect. You are the storyteller that brings the mission of Outreach International to life for our donors.
We are looking for a creative, kind, collaborative teammate that thrives in a fast-paced environment, demonstrates a willingness to learn new things and has an enthusiasm and curiosity for Outreach International.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Responsible for managing the voice and tone of the organization across all platforms.
● Create a variety of content each month including, but not limited to; 30 social media posts, 1 enews email, 2-3 blog posts, marketing/fundraising campaign copy, Google Ads headlines.
● In-house copy editor for all written pieces.
● Generate unique, catchy copy for subject lines, headlines, and ads.
● Find ways to adjust copy to communicate with different audiences across different channels.
● Present copy concepts and pitch stories to the Director of Marketing.
● Develop and upkeep a content management system.
● Become an expert in understanding what Outreach International does and dedicate your copywriting skills to finding creative, clear and concise ways to bring the mission to life for donors and potential donors alike.
● Work closely with the Visual Communications Manager to create unique campaign content. A healthy push and pull between copy and design is essential to achieving the collaborative environment we are looking for on our team.
● Juggle multiple projects and aspects of projects simultaneously to assist in department workflow.
● BA required, with a minimum of 2-3 years of copywriting experience within a marketing and communications environment, or equivalent. Nonprofit writing experience is a plus.
● A diverse portfolio of copy examples including web, print, advertising, email, and social.
● Must be accustomed to fast turnarounds, regular critiques, meeting deadlines and incorporating edits before final approval. Being receptive to feedback and constructive edits is key to the success of the Marketing Team’s workflow.
● Must have experience using Microsoft Office and Google Suite products.
● Evidence of high levels of productivity.
● Exceptional skill with the nuances of social media writing, including the use of hashtags, emojis and acronyms. Knowledge and experience with social media content management is a plus.
● An ability to adapt copy voice & tone to align with various audiences.
● Solid understanding of SEO concepts preferred.
● Must have an active interest in, and knowledge of, emerging fundraising/communication technologies and marketing best practices for both digital and print communications.
Additional preferred (but not essential) qualities:
● Have a working knowledge of SEO/SEM and understands the impact copywriting has on search rankings and our presence on the web--keyword usage, readability, story length, etc.
● Hands on experience with WordPress.
● Familiarity with web design and website best practices.
● Strong creative instincts.
● Experience in creative collaboration within a professional environment.
● Professional written skills in languages from countries where Outreach International currently works.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a cover letter, and a single PDF file with 5-10 samples (or provide a website to view samples).
Outreach International is an equal opportunity employer.
**Graceland University is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at https://www.ascr.usda.gov/ad-3027-usda-program-discrimination-complaint-form or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at email@example.com.