Graceland University Department of Visual and Performing Arts invites applications for an Adjunct Instructor of Voice. This position will be for the 2022-2023 academic school year, which begins August 29, 2022, and ends April 27, 2022, and has the potential for annual renewal. Candidates should have a strong basis/training in classical and music theatre vocal technique (belt, pop/rock) and knowledge of classical and music theatre repertoire (Golden Age, Pop/Rock, Contemporary, etc.). Primary responsibilities include teaching applied voice study to a variety of singers, as well as the potential for teaching vocal pedagogy, aural skills, and serving as musical director for the theatre musicals.
- An earned master’s degree in music or commensurate professional experience. * Bachelor’s degree with professional and/or teaching experience may be considered in lieu of advanced degree. Collegiate voice instruction and diversified teaching experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in voice studio instruction
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting
Please submit the following documents via email to Dr. Sara Blessing, Chair of the Department of Visual and Performing Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for 1-2 professional references
- Unofficial university transcripts
- Links to any files of video recordings of you performing as a vocal soloists
Review of application will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For more information about the department, please visit the departmental website, https://www.graceland.edu/academics/colleges-schools/visual-and-performing-arts/music/
Graceland is a small, historic, private, liberal arts university situated in south central Iowa, approximately 70 miles south of Des Moines, IA and 120 miles north of Kansas City, MO. Graceland is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Graceland welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We’re looking for candidates who share our commitment to diversity and inclusivity.