Program Admission and Participation Requirements

The Master of Education admissions policy is designed to select students who have demonstrated academic competence and teaching ability. Criteria for admission to the program:


  1. Completion of a teacher education program with a baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited college or university, verified on original transcripts sent by the undergraduate institution directly to Graceland University.
  2. Indication of academic success: 3.0 overall GPA in a completed undergraduate program.
  3. A copy of a current teaching license.
  4. Verification of a full-time teaching position as evidenced by letter from school in which teacher is practicing.
  5. A minimum of one year, full-time teaching experience.
  6. Two letters of reference evaluating personal qualifications and potential for success in graduate studies by qualified educators.
  7. A statement and explanation of professional goals.
  8. Verification of ongoing access to computer technology, including email and Internet.
  9. Applicants who fail to meet one of the preceding minimum requirements may be granted conditional admission status and enroll in courses totaling 12 credit hours of Graceland graduate study approved by their advisor. If the minimum grade for each of those courses is “B,” after the successful completion of 12 hours, the student status may be changed to full.

Additional requirement for Mild/Moderate Special Education program:

  1. Completion of Psychology of the Exceptional Learner or other introductory special education course of at least two hours; undergraduate level completion will be accepted.

Learn More Today!



About Your Location:

Every state in the U.S. creates its own specific regulations about online enrollment of the students who live within the state. Some states require fees and/or application efforts that require a considerable investment of university resources.

Due to this, we have elected to not accept students from Maryland.

Graceland accepts students from Texas, but is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Higher Education Code.