Financial Aid / Scholarships
If you need financial assistance to attend Graceland, we'll work with you to develop the best package possible. We administer federal, state and institutional aid. The following are steps you need to complete to receive financial assistance:
- In order to receive federal or state financial aid, you must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Include Graceland's federal code of 001866 on your FAFSA.
- If you have already submitted a FAFSA for the school year but did not include Graceland's code, there are two ways for Graceland to receive your information:
- The quickest way to get the information to Graceland is to go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and update your FAFSA to include Graceland's code of 001866. You may want to check with the Financial Aid Department to insure your results have been received.
- Provide the DRN# that appears on your Student Aid Report to the Admissions Office or to Financial Aid Services. (866.GRACELAND)
- Verification - If you have applied for federal aid, you may be identified for financial aid verification. Don't be concerned. The federal government selects students at every college and university with the purpose of verifying the information that has been provided on the FAFSA. It is important that you comply immediately with the request for information from Financial Aid Services.
- Iowa Tuition Grant (ITG) - If you are a resident of Iowa and attending an Iowa private college, you may qualify for the ITG ranging up to $4,000. To determine if you are eligible, you must file a FAFSA by the ITG deadline date.
- Graceland administers a program of academic scholarships and grants. Academic transfer scholarships are based on cumulative grade point of college work attempted. Grants are awarded to full-time students in the areas of athletics and the performing arts. There are also grants available for students in the Honors Program who have a grade point average of 3.75-4.00; members of Phi Theta Kappa; Community of Christ Leadership Program; congregational matches; and for academic areas such as computer science. Financial need is not a qualification for these awards.