“… Arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling a person’s life, lifting it from the spheres of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom.”
Why Liberal Arts Is So Important at Graceland
A liberal arts education at Graceland develops skills that will last you a lifetime, enhance your career, and help you understand and value the complexity, richness, and diversity of life. Graceland’s liberal arts education:
- Provides a broad foundation of knowledge that lasts a lifetime.
- Expands your social, cultural, and scientific horizons.
- Inspires intellectual curiosity and lifelong learning.
- Instills analytical and communication skills that serve any career.
- Provides an appreciation of divergent world views.
- Prepares you, if you choose, for graduate or professional training in arts and science disciplines, law, or medicine, to name just a few possibilities.
The Graceland University College of Liberal Arts and Sciences fosters the intellectual scope and depth needed to enhance opportunities, live purposeful lives, and participate responsibly and sensitively in a diverse, rapidly changing world.
- Open-Minded Inquiry
- A Healthy Work and Learning Environment
- Personal and Intellectual Engagement