Come express yourself at Graceland University.
At Graceland our facilities are amazing and our program is small enough that you'll not only learn and observe, you'll be in the spotlight. It's no wonder 38% of students in other majors also participate in the arts. Here are a few of the reasons you'll love fine arts at Graceland University:
- Our impressive visual arts facility, The Helene Center for the Visual Arts, offers 29,000 square feet of creation space. All 2-D visual art studios feature northern lighting.
- The Shaw Center for the Performing Arts offers two theatres, two grand pianos, a Casavant Frères organ, and a Finale™ digital composition studio
- Faculty who are vibrant, respected artists with the highest qualifications
- Performance scholarships in art, music and theatre
- Students who learn, create and excel
The Art Department offers art degrees in Studio Art and Visual Communication. The department faculty have specialties in sculpture, 3-D design, art history, ceramics, art education, painting, drawing, printmaking, visual communication and graphic design.
The Music Department offers a bachelor of arts in music, a music minor and music education (teacher certificate). The department faculty have specialties in band, music theory, music technology, music history, conducting, piano proficiency, and single performance areas including organ, piano, brass, percussion, strings, woodwinds and voice. Ensemble music areas of expertise include chamber singers, concert choir, orchestra, jazz and symphonic band.
The Theatre Department offers a bachelor of arts in Film, Theatre and Performance Studies. The department faculty have areas of expertise in film, critical theory, digital filmmaking, acting, stagecraft, performance and directing among others. A minor in Theatre and Speech Communication and a teacher certification in the same area is also offered.