Shaw Ticket Office
The Shaw Ticket Office strives to provide friendly, personal service for patrons wishing to purchase tickets to Theatre Department productions and/or Performing Arts Series events. The ticket office is located on the lower lobby of Shaw Center and is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - noon and 1 - 4 p.m., 30 days prior to a ticketed performance. The ticket office phone number is 641-784-5296.
Tickets may also be purchased online at www.graceland.edu/ShawTickets.
- Tickets generally go on sale 30 days prior to the event, unless that date falls on an official college break or holiday. In those instances, ticket sales will begin the first working day following the break or holiday.
- All sales are final; no refunds or exchanges.
- All guests, regardless of age, must have a ticket to attend the performance.
- Best available seating is provided at the time of purchase.
- Graceland student and employee discounts are only honored at the Shaw Ticket Office window (with valid ID).
- The ticket window will open one hour prior to the performance for last minute ticket purchases (if not sold out) and for “will call” tickets.
- Shaw Family Auditorium. An integral part of the original Shaw Center, the Shaw Family Auditorium has hosted countless homecoming plays, performances and ceremonies since 1982. With seating for over 500, this remarkable space enjoyed several enhancements during its 2012 renovation.
- JR Theatre. Built in 2012, this versatile 50’ x 50’ performance space will seat approximately 200, depending on production needs. The facility boasts a “tension grid” ceiling, 200 electrical outlets and a glassed-in control booth. All seats are general admission; first come, first served.
Fall 2014 Ticketed Events:
Homecoming Musical: "Into the Woods" – Oct. 16-19, 2014, (on sale Sept. 16)
7:30 p.m. on Oct. 16-18; 2 p.m. matinee on Sunday, Oct. 19 - Shaw Family Auditorium
$10 reserved seating only
Performing Arts Series Event: SpokFrevo Orquestra – Friday, Oct. 31, 2014, (on sale now online)
7:30 p.m. - Shaw Family Auditorium
$25 reserved, $20 general admission
Theatre Department Presents: "Sylvia" – Nov. 20-23, 2014, (on sale Oct. 20)
7:30 p.m. on Nov. 20-22; 2 p.m. matinee on Sunday, Nov. 23 - JR Theatre
$5 general admission (first-come, first-served seating)
In addition to the above ticketed events, many of our concerts and art shows are free (no ticket required). For a complete listing of Visual and Performing Arts events, please click here.