- Admission requirements: bachelors degree or equivalent with a minimum CUM GPA of 3.00. Students with a GPA below 3.00 will need to demonstrate ability to do work at the graduate level.
- Complete the online Application for Admission and pay the admission fee.
- Submit official transcripts for previous college-level work.
- Submit three recommendation forms from persons who can attest to the applicant's potential for graduate study.
- A student must maintain at least a 3.0 CUM GPA and cannot submit more than nine semester hours of C for graduation. Students will be required to repeat courses in which C grades were earned above the maximum and must repeat any course in which a D or F has been received.
- Students must complete the requirements for the degree in no more than four years.
- Students must attend residential one-week focus sessions which are scheduled twice per year; focus sessions run Monday - Friday.
The following curriculum (30 semester hrs.) must be completed:
RELG5011 Christian Theology 3 s.h.
RELG5022 Introduction to the Hebrew Bible 3 s.h.
RELG5040 New Testament I 3 s.h.
RELG5050 New Testament II 3 s.h.
RELG5060 History of Christian Thought I 3 s.h.
RELG5070 History of Christian Thought II 3 s.h.
*RELG5330 Community of Christ I: 1820-1914, History-Scripture-Theology 3 s.h.
*RELG5340 Community of Christ II: 1914-Present, History-Scripture-Theology 3 s.h.
RELG6115 Ministry Practicum 3 s.h.
RELG6240 Contemporary Culture and Theologies 3 s.h.
RELG6500 Portfolio 0 s.h.
*Students from other denominations may substitute approved denomination-specific course work.
Transfer of Credits
Students transferring from other graduate institutions may request the transfer of a maximum of nine hours of credit, provided that the courses transferred have equivalents in the Master of Arts in Religion curriculum and the grades in those courses are “B” or above. The request must be accompanied by an official transcript from the institution where the credit was earned.
You may apply online here.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The application fee is non-refundable unless requested within three business days of Graceland receiving the fee.
Please have those who are providing a reference for you fill out this Reference Form.
Community of Christ Seminary
1401 W. Truman Road
Independence, MO 64050