Post-Graduate MSN Certificate
Graceland offers a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Nurse Educator (NE) certificate. Certificate programs build on the master of science in nursing degree. The theoretical base in our nurse practitioner program is accompanied by clinical or practical experience, which allows the master’s prepared RN to apply theory and current research to specialized professional practice in the FNP or NE role. Students admitted to a post-graduate nurse practitioner online certificate program are not matriculated for an academic degree. A certificate is awarded upon completion.
What is a Family Nurse Practitioner?
As a family nurse practitioner, you will have the opportunity to work with patients throughout their lives as you diagnose illness, conduct examinations, prescribe medication and more. FNPs often serve as a patient's sole health care provider and run their own practices.
What is a Nurse Educator?
Nurse e ducators are registered nurses with an advanced education who educate future nurses. Nurse educators often serve as faculty members in nursing schools and teaching hospitals, developing lesson plans, teaching courses, evaluation education programs and overseeing students' clinical practices.
Post-graduate Certificate Admissions Requirements
- Master's degree in nursing (MN or MSN) from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program. For students with foreign transcripts, a CGFNS evaluation is required with GPA equivalency and TOEFL score.
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the U.S. and its territories.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher in master's program. Applicants with lower than a 3.2 may be denied or considered on an individual basis for probationary or non-degree status on a space-available basis. Students admitted on probationary status must earn a grade of B or better for the first six semester hours of coursework completed after admission to remain in the program.
- A grade of B or better in any graduate nursing course.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
Post-graduate Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate courses (33 s.h.)
NURS5100 Pharmacotherapeutics 4 s.h.
NURS5143 Advanced Health Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning 4 s.h.
NURS5194 Advanced Practice Competencies Lab 1 s.h.
NURS5440 Advanced Pathophysiology 4 s.h.
NURS5193 Advanced Practice Nursing in Primary Care 2 s.h.
NURS5191 Advanced Practice Procedures Laboratory 1 s.h.
NURS5200 Primary Care of Families: Pediatrics 3 s.h.
NURS6200 Primary Care of Families: Adults 3 s.h.
NURS6740 Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum: Pediatrics 4 s.h.
NURS6760 Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum: Adults 4 s.h.
NURS6800 Roles and Issues for Advanced Practice Nurses 4 s.h.
NURS6830 Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum: Family 4 s.h.
NURS5650 Teaching Strategies 3 s.h.
NURS5210 Role Socialization for Nurse Educators 2 s.h.
NURS6600 Assessment of Learning 3 s.h.
NURS6620 Curriculum Development 4 s.h.
This certificate program is only offered online through our Independence campus in Missouri near Kansas City.
Questions? Please Contact Us:
800-833-0524, ext. 4717