Post-Graduate MSN Certificate
Graceland offers a Family Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Educator certificate. Certificate programs build on the master of science in nursing degree.. The theoretical base is accompanied by clinical or practical experience which allows the master’s prepared R.N. to apply theory and current research to specialized professional practice in the FNP or NE role. Students admitted to a post-graduate certificate program are not matriculated for an academic degree. A certificate is awarded upon completion.
Post-graduate Certificate Admissions Requirements
- Master's degree in nursing (M.N or M.S.N.) from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program. For students with foreign transcripts, a CGFNS evaluation is required with GPA equivalency and TOEFL score.
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the U.S. and its territories.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher in Master's. program. Applicants with lower than a 3.20 may be denied or considered on an individual basis for probationary or non-degree status on a space available basis. Students admitted on probationary status must earn a grade of B or better for the first six semester hours of coursework completed after admission to remain in the program.
- A grade of B or better in any graduate nursing course.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
Post-graduate Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate courses (33 s.h.)
NURS5100 Pharmacotherapeutics 4 s.h.
NURS5141 Advanced Health Assessment 3 s.h.
NURS5142 Advanced Health Assessment Lab 1 s.h.
NURS5440 Advanced Pathophysiology 4 s.h.
NURS5190 Advanced Practice Procedures 2 s.h.
NURS5191 Advanced Practice Procedures Laboratory 1 s.h.
NURS5200 Primary Care of Families: Pediatrics 3 s.h.
NURS6200 Primary Care of Families: Adults 3 s.h.
NURS6740 Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum: Pediatrics 4 s.h.
NURS6760 Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum: Adults 4 s.h.
NURS6800 Roles and Issues for Advanced Practice Nurses 4 s.h.
NURS6830 Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum: Family 4 s.h.
NURS5650 Teaching Strategies 3 s.h.
NURS5210 Roles and Issues for Nurse Educators 2 s.h.
NURS6600 Assessment of Learning in Nursing Education 3 s.h.
NURS6620 Curriculum Development 4 s.h.
Questions? Please Contact Us:
800-833-0524, ext. 4717