Application Requirements for Graduate Nursing Programs
Applicants are encouraged to submit complete applications as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications are reviewed monthly by the School of Nursing Graduate Student Affairs Committee (GSAC). Applicants who exceed the minimum admission requirements may be considered for early offers of admission to the graduate nursing programs (MSN, DNP and post-graduate certificates) on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Complete the appropriate online application form:
Once your online application is finished, gather the rest of the materials below for your application packet and mail to:
- Application fee: A $50 application fee must accompany each application for Graceland University. The application fee is nonrefundable unless requested within three business days of Graceland receiving the fee. You can pay the application fee online at www.graceland.edu/payappfee or, if paying with a check, it should be made payable to Graceland University and included in your application packet.
- Include all required official transcripts in their sealed envelopes from colleges attended. See below for the required transcripts:
- RN-MSN applicants – Those who do not have a BSN will need ALL transcripts from all schools attended, which means if you attended five different schools, we will need five transcripts.
- MSN program applicants, not the RN-MSN – We require your BSN transcript only and any transcripts from schools if you want any master's-level classes to transfer.
- Postgraduate certificate or DNP program applicants – We require the transcript only from the school where you earned your MSN.
Term Start Dates for the
|Fall Term - Application deadline June 1st|
Spring Term - Application deadline October 1st
Summer Term - Application deadline February 1st
- The State Board of Nursing online license verification: Visit your state's official website to access online license verification for your current RN licensure in the United States. Include your verification in your application packet. You may also use the Nursys® website. In most cases, this should not cost anything.
Professional References (3): We require three separate references, submitted by current or former employers or individuals professionally acquainted with you and familiar with your academic competencies and goals (not relatives, friends, family physician or clergy). References from master's- or doctoral-degreed nurses are preferred but not required. Include reference forms in sealed envelopes in the application packet mailed to Graceland University.
Enrollment Agreement Form: You will be receive this directly from Graceland via email approximately 24 hours after we have processed your online application (see step 1). It is a list of the program fees and requires you to read, print, initial and sign it.
Approval of transfer credit is made on a course by course basis. Courses submitted for consideration must of equivalent semester hours and sufficiently match expected learning outcomes required in the GU-SON program. Candidates may transfer up to a maximum of 3 graduate nursing courses for up to 12 semester hours (sh) of graduate course work completed within 5 years prior to admission (see exceptions below) at another nationally accredited program with a grade of "B" or above.
Special conditions and exceptions to course completion time-limits:
Pharmacotherapeutics and Advanced Health Assessment courses must be completed within three (3) years prior to admission to be considered for transfer credit.
Course completion time limits do not apply to board certified APN demonstrating continuous current practice.
If selected as part of the cohort, you will be required to take and pass a criminal background check in order to be admitted.
* Completed applications include all the necessary items listed in 1-6. Transfer credit petition is optional (7).
Only completed applications will be reviewed.
Graceland University participates with NursingCAS, which is a Centralized Application System (CAS). If you have already built a profile and/or applied previously through NursingCAS, you are welcome to go through or continue your application through them to Graceland.
If you are seeking financial aid, you must complete a FAFSA form. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Graceland University School of Nursing's school code is 001866. This should be done at your earliest convenience.
About your location:
Every state in the U.S. creates its own specific regulations about online enrollment of the students who live within the state. Some states require fees and/or application efforts that require a considerable investment of university resources. In an effort to maintain a reasonable tuition rate, Graceland’s nursing program does not currently accept students who live in Kentucky, Maryland, New York, North Carolina or Tennessee.
Graceland University is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission to provide practice experiences in Washington State for RN to BSN, MSN/FNP, MSN/Nursing Education, and DNP programs.
For international students only:
Complete numbers 1-6 above, if applicable. Transfer credit petition is optional (7).
Prior to consideration for admission, students who received their undergraduate degree from a country other than the United States or Canada must submit a CGFNS evaluation with a TOEFL score of 550 or higher on the written exam, or a 79 or higher on the online exam and GPA equivalency. For further information or assistance, you may contact CGFNS at www.cgfns.org.
Call 800-833-0524 for further instructions or for additional documentation needed.