Application Requirements for R.N.-B.S.N./B.A.-H.C.M.
All APPLICANTS: Your completed* application packet must include:
- Completed application form. (Please be sure to hit the 'Submit Your Application' button.)
- Application Fee: A $50 application fee must accompany each application. Make your checks payable to Graceland University. Payment can be made by credit card, over the phone, or by calling your admissions officer. The application fee is non-refundable, unless requested within three business days of Graceland receiving the fee.
- Professional vita or résumé.
- Official transcript in a sealed envelope from each college attended. For example, if you attend five colleges for any amount of time and for any program or degree, we require five transcripts. Also required are transcripts from high school, including GED transcripts, and any School of Nursing attended.
- The State Board of Nursing online license verification: Visit your state's official website to access online license verification for your current R.N. Licensure in the United States. Print your individual licensure verification, including its expiration date, and include in your application packet. You may also use the Nursys® website. In most cases, this should not cost anything.
- Reference forms from two qualified individuals, one from an educator and one from a nursing supervisor or employer. If a previous instructor is not available, both forms may be completed by supervisors or employers.
The Joint Commission institutes regulations in order for hospitals, home health agencies, clinics, etc., to gain or maintain accreditation status. One of these regulations requires that "all persons who are involved in patient care activities, i.e., employees, volunteers and students, must have criminal background checks as well as other health care related checks." Criminal background checks must be initiated by the student and completed as part of the application process prior to being accepted into any program.
Validity Screening Solutions will charge $57 for this service (plus $1 if paid by credit card). The fee must be paid by the student in order to begin the process.
To do your background check, please go to https://www.validityacademics.com. Enter the username and password listed below:
Follow the detailed instructions on the screens. It is very important that you print and send us the confirmation sheet (the last page of the application).
Enrollment Agreement Form. This form is attached to an email sent to you after you have filled out the above application online. Upon processing your application (24-48 hours), we will send you a link to an Enrollment Agreement that details the costs of your program and your estimated finish date. You will need to print, sign and send a copy to us.
* Completed applications include all the necessary items listed in 1-8.
Only completed applications will be reviewed.
If you will be seeking financial aid, you must complete a FAFSA form. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov. The GU School of Nursing's school code is 001866. This should be done at your earliest convenience.
Please return all materials together in an envelope, including transcripts and reference letters.
Please allow five to seven business days for mail. Direct your questions to the Applications Coordinator at 800-833-0524, ext. 4722.
All completed applications should be sent to: Graceland University School of Nursing, Attn: Admissions, 1401 W. Truman Road, Independence, MO 64050
For International Students Only:
Complete steps 1-7 above, if applicable.
Prior to consideration for admission, students who received their undergraduate degree from a country other than the United States or Canada must submit a CGFNS evaluation with a TOEFL score of 550 or higher on the written exam, or a 79 or higher on the online exam and GPA equivalency. For further information or assistance, you may contact CGFNS at www.cgfns.org.
Contact 800-833-0524, ext. 4722 for further instructions or for additional documentation needed.