Application Requirements for Graduate Nursing Programs
- Complete the appropriate online application form:
- MSN – FNP
- MSN – Nurse Educator
- Post Grad FNP
- Post Grad Nurse Educator
- RN – MSN FNP
- RN – MSN Nurse Educator
Once your online application is finished, gather the rest of the materials below for your application packet and mail to:
- Graceland University
- c/o Applications Coordinator
- 1401 W. Truman Road
- Independence, MO 64050
- Application fee: A $50 application fee must accompany each application for Graceland University. The application fee is non-refundable unless requested within three business days of Graceland receiving the fee. You can pay the application fee online here: www.graceland.edu/payappfee. Or if paying with a check, it should be made payable to Graceland University and included in your application packet.
- Official transcript in a sealed envelope from each college attended. For example, if you attended five colleges, for any amount of time, we need five transcripts. We also require transcripts from any nursing schools attended. We use the following for consideration:
- RN-MSN applicants- Those who do not have their BSN will need ALL transcripts from all schools attended, which means if you attended five different schools, we will need five transcripts.
- MSN program applicants, not the RN-MSN- We require your BSN transcript only and any transcripts from schools if you want any master's-level classes to transfer.
- Postgraduate certificate or DNP program applicants- We require the transcript only from the school where you earned your MSN.
- The State Board of Nursing online license verification. Visit your state's official website to access online license verification for your current RN licensure in the United States. Include your verification in your application packet. You may also use the Nursys® website. In most cases, this should not cost anything.
- Professional References (3). We require three separate references, submitted by current or former employers or individuals professionally acquainted with you and familiar with your academic competencies and goals (not relatives, friends, family physician or clergy). References from master's- or doctoral-degreed nurses are preferred but not required. The Graceland University reference form is found at the bottom of the online application. Include references in sealed envelopes in the application packet mailed to Graceland University.
* Transfer credit petition requesting a maximum of 10 credits, if applicable. A course syllabus must be submitted for all courses requested to be transferred.
MSN - Petition for Transfer Credit (pdf)
If selected as part of the cohort, you will be required to take and pass a criminal background check in order to be admitted. You will also be required to read, initial and sign the Enrollment Agreement Form.
* Completed applications include all the necessary items listed in 1-6. Transfer credit petition is optional (6).
Only completed applications will be reviewed.
If you are seeking financial aid, you must complete a FAFSA form. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov. The GU School of Nursing's school code is 001866. This should be done at your earliest convenience.
About Your Location:
Every state in the U.S. creates its own specific regulations about online enrollment of the students who live within the state. Some states require fees and/or application efforts that require a considerable investment of university resources. In an effort to maintain a reasonable tuition rate, Graceland’s nursing program does not currently accept students who live in Kentucky, New York, Maryland or North Carolina.
Graceland accepts students from Texas, but is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Higher Education Code.
Graceland University is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission to provide practice experiences in Washington State for RN to BSN, MSN/FNP, MSN/Nursing Education, and DNP programs.
- Completed applications are due:
- The first Monday in June for the fall semester.
- The first Monday in October for the spring semester.
- The first Monday in February for the summer term.
- Please allow five to seven business days for mail.
- Direct your questions to the Applications Coordinator at 800-833-0524, ext. 4722.
For international students only:
- Complete numbers 1-6 above, if applicable.
Prior to consideration for admission, students who received their undergraduate degree from a country other than the United States or Canada must submit a CGFNS evaluation with a TOEFL score of 550 or higher on the written exam, or a 79 or higher on the online exam and GPA equivalency. For further information or assistance, you may contact CGFNS at www.cgfns.org.
Call 800-833-0524, ext. 4722 for further instructions or for additional documentation needed.