Application Requirements for Graduate Nursing Programs
- Application: Please use the NursingCAS application. www.nursingcas.org
- Application Fee: A $50 application fee must accompany each application for Graceland University. The application fee is non refundable, unless requested within three business days of Graceland receiving the fee. You can pay the application fee online here: www.graceland.edu/payappfee. This does not include the fee for NursingCAS.
- All official transcripts sent to NursingCAS. We use the following for consideration:
- Postgraduate certificate or the DNP program applicants: We require the transcript only from the school where you earned your MSN.
- RN-MSN applicants: Those who do not have their BSN will need ALL transcripts from all schools attended, which means if you attended five different schools, we will need five transcripts.
- MSN program applicants, not the RN-MSN: We require your BSN transcript only and any transcripts from schools if you want any master's-level classes to transfer.
- The State Board of Nursing online license verification: Visit your state's official website to access online license verification for your current RN Licensure in the United States. Upload your individual licensure verification, including its expiration date, into your NursingCAS profile. You may also use the Nursys® website. In most cases, this should not cost anything.
PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES (3)
We require three (3) separate references, submitted by current or former employers or individuals professionally acquainted with you and familiar with your academic competencies and goals (not relatives, friends, family physician or clergy). References from master's or doctoral-degreed nurses are preferred but not required. Please use the NursingCAS reference forms, which are emailed to your designates and returned to NursingCAS.
- Short essay required submitted through Nursing CAS.
- * Transfer credit petition, requesting a maximum of 10 credits, if applicable. MSN - Petition for Transfer Credit (pdf)
If selected as part of the cohort, you will be required to take and pass a criminal background check in order to be admitted. There are a few internal documents we will need from you as well.
- - Satisfactory criminal background check after acceptance.
- - Enrollment Agreement Form.
* Completed applications include all the necessary items listed in 1-7. Transfer credit petition is optional (7).
Only completed applications will be reviewed.
If you are seeking financial aid, you must complete a FAFSA form. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov. The GU School of Nursing's school code is 001866. This should be done at your earliest convenience.
Every state in the U.S. creates its own specific regulations about online enrollment of the students who live within the state. Some states require fees and/or application efforts that require a considerable investment of university resources. In an effort to maintain a reasonable tuition rate, Graceland’s nursing program does not currently accept students who live in New York, Maryland or North Carolina.
Graceland accepts students from Texas but is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Higher Education Code.
Completed applications are due:
The first Monday in June for the fall semester.
The first Monday in October for the spring semester.
The first Monday in February for the summer term.
Please allow five to seven business days for mail.
Direct your questions to the Applications Coordinator at 800-833-0524, ext. 4722.
For International Students Only:
Complete numbers 1-7 above, if applicable.
Prior to consideration for admission, students who received their undergraduate degree from a country other than the United States or Canada must submit a CGFNS evaluation with a TOEFL score of 550 or higher on the written exam, or a 79 or higher on the online exam and GPA equivalency. For further information or assistance, you may contact CGFNS at www.cgfns.org.
Contact 800-833-0524, ext. 4722 for further instructions or for additional documentation needed.