Publications Writing & Design
The Publications Design major combines work in writing, art and computer technology. Its goal is to prepare students to create both the form and content of various texts in fields such as advertising, publications and public relations.
B.A. Degree — Publication Writing & Design Major
In addition to the general education requirements, majors in Publication Writing & Design must complete 42 semester hours as prescribed below:
- ARTS1100 Design Principles 3 s.h.
- ARTS1710 Introduction to Visual Communication 3 s.h.
- ARTS2390 History of Graphic Design 3 s.h.
- ARTS3630 Systems in Design 3 s.h.
- ARTS3640 Interactive Design 3 s.h.
- ARTS4440 Portfolio Development 3 s.h.
- ARTS4500 Advanced Studio Practices 3 s.h.
- ARTS4700 Senior Exhibition 0 s.h.
- COMM/ENGL2500 Introduction to Mass Media 3 s.h.
COMM3310 Interpersonal Communication or
SOCI/PSYC3310 Social Psychology 3 s.h.
- One literature survey course (selected from ENGL1500, ENGL2310, ENGL2320, ENGL2330, ENGL2340) 3 s.h.
- Creative writing course (ENGL2410 or ENGL2420) 3 s.h.
- Either ENGL3270 Media Writing or ENGL3280 Newswriting (3 s.h.) in addition to the Advanced Composition General Education Requirement.
- ENGL3420 Culture, Language, and Text 3 s.h.
- ENGL3480 Cultural Studies 3 s.h.