Fitness Leadership (minor)
Fitness theory and practical application is a fast-moving field where new ideas are constantly emerging. Through coursework, including theory and practice, students are introduced to the methods, materials, and motivators of cutting edge physical training. The experiences are aimed at tranforming the students as well as teaching them to transform others.
A minor in Fitness Leadership requires 14 semester hours as follows:
BIOL2300 Anatomy and Physiology I 3 s.h. or
BIOL3420 Human Anatomy 4 s.h. and BIOL3440 Human Physiology 4 s.h.
- PHED1230 Body Weight Physical Training 2 s.h.
- PHED1250 Calisthenics I 2 s.h.
- PHED2250 Calisthenics II 2 s.h.
- PHED3120 Speed, Agility, and Endurance 2 s.h.
- PHED3280 Foundations of Physical Education 3 s.h.