AT Awards & Scholarships
Athletic Training Scholarship
Students declaring athletic training as their major (but prior to formal admission to the major) are eligible for an athletic training scholarship. Depending on financial need and participation in athletics a student may have up to $1,000 designated as an athletic training scholarship. Students are asked to complete an average of 5 hours of athletic training room observation per week to maintain the scholarship.
Students meeting admission requirements and gaining acceptance into the major are eligible for an additional $1,000. In order to keep the athletic training scholarships students must maintain good-standing in the major.
Students interested in obtaining an athletic training scholarship should contact the Athletic Training Curriculum Administrator, Dr. Jason Hoffman, at 641-784-5441 or email@example.com.
Most Distinguished Athletic Training Student
This award recognizes the achievement of the athletic training student over the duration of their entire academic career. This award should represent the individual with the strongest balance of academic achievement, professionalism, commitment to the athletic training program, and peer leadership.
The recipient of the Most Distinguished Athletic Training Student award will receive a one time award of up to $500 dollars for the reimbursement of costs associated with initially challenging of the BOC Exam. Verification of completing the test as well as all receipts associated with the exam, including food, lodging, and travel must be submitted to the Internship Coordinator in order to receive reimbursement.
- Be a graduating Senior (Fall graduates included) in the academic year the award is given (each spring semester)
- Have completed all core athletic training courses prior to the spring semester of the graduating year
- Completed 6 s.h. of internship and completed or be enrolled in the 8th and final s.h. of internship
- Have a core GPA greater than 3.0 on core courses (as listed in the catalog).
- Must sit for the BOC certification exam
- Must be pursuing a primary career or graduate assistantship in athletic training. <
- Core GPA
- Professional evaluation by AT staff
- Number of program hours
- Leadership (peer and professional)
*Tie Breaker: In the event of a tie the award will be split by the candidates.