Is A Graceland University Online Program Right for Me?
Please respond yes or no.
- Surfing the internet is sometimes fun, sometimes rewarding, and rarely frustrating.
- My internet connection is reliable – I can usually dial up and work online when I want to.
- I can set aside at least 30 minutes per day on four days of the week to dedicate to reading posts and interacting with my classmates online.
- If I believe I need assistance I do not hesitate to ask for help.
- I really enjoy being a part of an active community of people – sharing experiences and working together.
- I can type well enough to get by – or I have voice recognition software on my computer.
- I know I can learn in various environments, and I can make my own accommodations so that I learn in the way that is best for me.
- My career will really benefit from the degree that this online program will provide.
- I can make time for 10-15 hours per week of reading, researching, studying, and interacting online.
- I am pretty good with Microsoft Word. I can save and retrieve files, and I have even attached a file or two in my time!
- If you answered yes to 8 – 10 questions above, then online learning is definitely for you!
- If you responded yes to 4 - 7 questions above, then you could likely make changes that will help you to be ready for an online course. Call a student support counselor and discuss your options.
- If you responded yes to three or fewer of the questions above, online learning probably isn’t a good option for you.