Graduate Petition for Exception to Academic Policy
Within the graduate programs, student requests for exceptions to academic policies are reviewed and acted upon by the appropriate committees within the school. Decisions by the school committee are final. Examples of issues appropriate for student petitions for exception to academic policy may include, but are not limited to:
- Reactivation following a "stop-out" or inactive status of less than one calendar year.
- Readmission following dismissal or inactive status of longer then one calendar year.
- Exceptions to graduate program or specialty track requirements due to extraordinary circumstances.
- Change in, or addition of a specialty track or emphasis.
- Exceptions to academic policy related to registration - e.g. adding/dropping after deadline, repeat courses, pass/fail, etc.
Students should contact their Program Consultant for assistance with filing a petition for exception to academic policy.