The Division of Visual and Performing Arts at Graceland University invites applicants for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Graphic Design starting August 2018 on the Lamoni, Iowa, campus. An MFA with an emphasis in Graphic Design is required.
The ideal candidate will posess the following qualifications:
- a forward-thinking designer who is familiar with contemporary graphic design practice
- invested in innovative, student-centered pedagogy
- committed to interdisciplinary research and teaching
- a publicly-engaged artist who values community outreach
- able to communicate design concepts and rationale to a nonspecialist audience
Qualified applicants should submit the following materials:
- letter of application
- curriculum vitae
- teaching philosophy
- 15-20 examples of professional work
- 15-20 examples of student work
- names and contact information of three references
Electronic submissions are required. Please email materials to Dr. Brian White, Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.